Release Notes for 594

Notes for Release 594

40 Likes

What’s the syntax for this?

22 Likes

The find and replace tool for a single file uses the syntax \n to reference the nth capture (where n is one or more decimal digits, no leading zeros), presumably this syntax will be copied for the find and replace all tool.

For example:
After replacement:

12 Likes

This was so annoying…

It’s one of those things that you only remember about it when it actually happens, and then you forget it. That must have made it really hard to remember to fix!

22 Likes

On the subject of PS4, I feel like Roblox should disclose some things to developers before the release on October 10th. Mainly how the inputs are going to work.

I’d like to show players the correct controller input types with my UI. Right now I have my UI show Xbox one controller inputs, when those relevant inputs are detected. Should I make my UI controller-specific or generic?

31 Likes

I’d love to know the back story to this.

15 Likes

Nothing interesting there unfortunately, it’s just a bug related to DragDetector, not the Studio draggers or old Dragger instance.

13 Likes

I don’t know if this is offtopic or not, but I’m curious if anything will happen to the legacy Draggers? For the past few months we’ve been getting the new and updated DragDetectors while the original Dragger class has been, I’d say, abandoned. Its API is quite rough and the documentation for it is very outdated, plus most games that use it make their own dragging solutions. Will it ever be deprecated or do too many games use it at the moment?

8 Likes

Super cool that you can now emulate ps4 in studio! Hoping it will soon come to Nintendo switch

12 Likes

Continuing from the previous Windows Japanese input fix, it’s so good fix for Japanese users!

I’m very happy roblox is working on these update for Japanese!

11 Likes

It should accept any valid regular expression. Most editors also support using $index to replace text with matched groups.

The linked docs are for JavaScript but the concepts and syntax are universal.

6 Likes

We may actually be able to remove it entirely if we work with the few remaining experiences using it to replace it with Lua code from the Studio draggers. Though that’s not something we’re tackling at the moment, so it’s in limbo right now.

10 Likes

By “Studio dragger” does this mean the Lua code that controls dragging bricks/models in the Studio viewport? Has this code been made open-source somewhere or will it be shared exclusively with games that use the Dragger class?

Also, if the Dragger class is ready to go, what will happen to AdvancedDragger? It’s been abandoned ever since its creation and never got finished. It doesn’t look like any games actually use it.

6 Likes

I started having problems with CanvasGroups after I installed the MacOS arm version of this update.

Here, a TextBox is parented to a CanvasGroup and the TextLabel to the left of it is not. The TextLabel is set to match the text of the TextBox. But as I type, the TextLabel changes first, and the TextBox does after it.

Demo

4 Likes

Yes most editors use $ but not all of them. That’s why I was asking.

In this case it appears as though Roblox does not:

I appreciate the link to regex syntax but I don’t need it.

1 Like

Is there any update on “HttpService is now allowed to make requests to specific Roblox domains” announced in 588?

3 Likes

I am pretty sure CanvasGroups were not supposed to be used in this way.

it was set to “live”

im wondering what domains they unblocked :thinking:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.