Release Notes for 597

Everyone is tryna speedrun to get the first replies lol

Adds TextTruncate support for rich text.

Cool, I thought it was already a feature, I guess not?

6 Likes

They just mentioned that just now, they must have done that earilier

5 Likes

This has annoyed me a few times, nice QoL improvement!

7 Likes

SO GLAD THIS IS FIXED LOL

Stupid question, but what does this mean?

7 Likes

Great updates. Now to test them ou-

Oh nevermind… :frowning:

8 Likes

This is a fix for Luau typechecking does not carry type guards after return statements , Intellisense should treat the "continue" keyword as a guard clause and Loop continue/break on conditional with check does not adjust type

18 Likes

Is that so? Then why is my map with over 6,000 MeshParts only giving me 30 FPS? (This is a joke, and also not a joke at the same time. My newest Backrooms map DOES have over 6,000 MeshParts.)

6 Likes

Also you could just have other issues. Recommend using #help-and-feedback.

8 Likes

come on dont leave this guy hanging

9 Likes

AWESOME!! I thought I was going crazy when this wasn’t working. Thanks!

5 Likes

What was this new scroll wheel behavior in the first place?

5 Likes

I think it was the dynamic camera speed thing that let you change your camera speed between 0.1 and 20. A new slider could be dialed to change it, or by holding down the right mouse button and scrolling.

7 Likes

Reinstall roblox!

6 Likes

I’m still annoyed that all my Avatar > Head & Body > Head won’t load all my bought items, and the one I need is not shown even at the bottom. (Website)

At least make a pagination feature for it if you guys don’t want the long height of the webpage.

8 Likes

Whoops, the release notes left out that it improves unions too.

We wrote a new mesh decoder that runs about twice as fast. This applies to every TriangleMesh,so MeshParts and unions. The savings are multiplicative, so this only impacts you if you have a ton of high complexity meshes that aren’t box fidelity. This also means somewhat faster CSG operations.

The new decoder is a bit more careful with memory; it allocates less and doesn’t overallocate - This usually means 0-30% savings in kdtree memory and 0-50% in mesh convex storage memory depending on the mesh and how many vertices/convexes you have.

To get a good idea if this will impact you, you can check the memory readout under ctrl+f6 → mode → counters. physics/geometry/kdtree and physics/geometry/mesh are optimized, so if these are using a lot of memory in your place then this should be a small memory improvement for you.

We’ll probably turn it on next week when it makes it to most platforms.

35 Likes

That’s really nice. I have only ~10MB dumped into these if I’m assuming the unit correctly, but I’m careful with my mesh complexity so I’m sure many others have a lot more. Nevertheless I’m curious to see if I see a dent in this.

6 Likes

Isn’t this like a very big thing? I feel like every big roblox game is made out of meshes with alot of them being detailed.

7 Likes

I noticed the Color3 converts FFA into 255, 255, 170, is this the same as doing this?

• Color3: D1FF00 → (209, 255, 0)
4 Likes

ABC → AABBCC, so FFA → FFFFAA, (255, 255, 170).

Putting in D1FF00 would work the way you expect it to.

4 Likes

Congrats on the new update, looking forward to some of the new changes!

1 Like