Release Notes for 612

same, my hockey game is heavily reliant on collisions and at 60hz server sided physics it can be wonky at times. even against players who have higher FPS can run into quirky physics mishaps.

Anyone having issues with color correction after this update? Me and a friend are working on a backrooms game and for some reason 255,255,255 color correction instance with 0.25 saturation is more red/orange on my screen than it is on my friend’s screen.
EDIT: I didn’t have this issue yesterday

3 Likes

yeah we had that same glitch happen to us. color correction just isn’t working correctly right now

3 Likes

I’ve also had the same bug since!

Experiencing this on 0.613.0.6130507 (monochrome filter becomes blue). When I join on an alternate account it “updates” to 0.612.1.6120534 where this issue appears to be fixed. Joining on my main account again makes it update back to v613 and the problem comes back.

1 Like

Can confirm this as well, new update broke lighting on map.

I love how they fix a big where the mouse gets stuck in place and create a bug where it always centers while right clicking in first person while using a screenGUI.

We are aware of the color correction issue in 613 update and are working to resolve the issue.

8 Likes

Changing TimePosition with a script makes the audio not play for a few milliseconds. It’s very noticeable when using a loop. It’s been like this for a while. Here is a video of this issue:

2 Likes

You might see a small speedup if your place is exclusively blocks, but it’s mostly a memory improvement.

If you open up the Microprofiler and go Mode → Counters, you’ll get a detailed reading of the place’s memory. This optimization makes physics/geometry/container smaller.

Previously, we had a “vertex cache” that had the positions of each corner on the block. This cache would have to be recalculated every time you changed size, and it ran you 168 bytes per unique part size. It was only used by block-to-block collisions, and block-to-ball collisions.

The specific problem the cache was supposed to solve was “given a number 0…7, give me the cached corresponding box corner for this size of box.”

This turned out to be a silly thing to cache, because

1. The local-space corner on a box is just size / 2 * (±1, ±1, ±1)
  2. You can get the last part, the sign, with a very fast 3-line bit trick

… and so we deleted it.

5 Likes

This is great, nicely done, thanks for the explanation!

1 Like

What does this mean specifically?

A fix for New run context viewport outline duplicates the outline when emulator is enabled

1 Like