Release Notes for 612

Notes for Release 612

46 Likes

Optimized block-to-block collisions.

I’m curious about this and exactly how far this goes.

13 Likes

Nothing like 1 AM Central release notes

14 Likes

I remember highlights being so glitchy in studio when I used them once.
Some randomly disappearing, reappearing, etc. Hopefully fixed now.

5 Likes

If you are talking about the highlight visual effect, then there is a slot limit of 31 for simultaneous highlight instances on a client which can be displayed.

2 Likes

the curse is still here,.,…,.,.,.,.

3 Likes

Yes that limit is also annoying.
But when using it in studio I was nowhere near the limit.

Sometimes the models just didn’t highlight (only in studio editing). Reparenting the highlight fixed it.
I assume (hope) that’s what the fix is for.

2 Likes

No way fr??? W update soon

13 Likes

How is SurfaceAppearance Colouring still not added to roblox? I don’t care if ur working on it, it should be out by now im tired of wating why should we have to change the colours manually because ur lazy staff team cannot be bothered

5 Likes

If ur not adding SurfaceAppearance Colouring atleast make textures work on layered clothing so we can change the colours because textures don’t even wrap around layered clothing like SurfaceAppearance does

3 Likes

What does this mean exactly? LocalScripts never had the RunContext property in the first place.

Fixed a bug where your mouse could get stuck in place until you click it.

Oml thank GOD this was fixed, it was so annoying!

3 Likes

Isn’t this a duplicate of 611’s third patch note or am I wrong?

LocalScripts do have the RunContext property which they inherit from their BaseScript ancestor class; the property is hidden in the explorer for LocalScripts though.

3 Likes

What does RunContext do? I got flagged because asking lol.
If I get flagged then I must DM even if no one else will see my question?
Do I create a Topic on #help-and-feedback:scripting-support?

Because if I can’t reply to ask, what other effective ways are there?

I think theres a similar bug where the mouse gets stuck even clicking and you have to press ESC to unstuck the mouse, did they fix that issue?

Yeah, classic clothing has this feature, why not layered clothing?

whats the problem with :PivotTo()?

I just got flagged again with another post :sob:

1 Like

I was recently struggling to optimize a ton of collisions and physics and Part.Size in my game, this made my day! Oops, didn’t mean to reply to you.

2 Likes

it just sorts of acting weirdly last week, havent touched the script and it used to set model’s pos to where it’s given from the CFrameValues but now it’s just stretching it for no reason.

1 Like

I saw the vid again and i went like ‘why is the noob so tall now’ and noclipped the floor :what:

1 Like

Yeah it’s a dupe of last week.

2 Likes

in mass, i wonder how big this will save server memory

1 Like