Release Notes for 617

I know but we cannot use to make mesh in experience.

5 Likes

What was the physics change? In my game, plane control seems a bit different. They didn’t enable aerodynamics did they?

Its not terrible but it seems a bit different.

2 Likes

Was there a change to the density of massless parts? Something weird going on.

2 Likes

Massless parts do not have any density. They’re literally massless.

As mentioned in the release notes, decreased minimum part density is being rolled out. Might be an issue if your scripts ever try to set the density to 0

2 Likes

I don’t set any density with scripts, but still my physics seems to have changed mysteriously.

1 Like

What improved exactly? Because you can still kill server fps by holding a part that’s constantly changing colors with the highlight on the same model as the part.

1 Like

This is because the fast flag is not enabled. This was likely fixed.

Unless you enabled it :>

1 Like

Can you share more detail? Thanks!

3 Likes

I’m glad they are improving performance for the devices, since this will decrease some lag and gain more FPS, Depends on the hardware but still quite an improvement.

2 Likes

There is already a bug with sound objects in the sound service hanging. I noticed it the moment I did the update and was play testing when all the global sounds broke. :melting_face: Making a bug report for it right now, but have not found a workaround for the issue either. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

There was another studio update while I was making the bug report and the issue was fixed, wow you guys are fast! :rofl: :tada:

1 Like

So now my network owners are messed up causing parts that ABSOLUTELY should not be sleeping to sleep.

2 Likes

please… :sob: