Release Notes for 619

(drumroll please) :drum: :drum: :drum: … 619 has landed and the Release Notes are here!

Have fun!
IgnisRBX

45 Likes

A hearty welcome to the Arimo font! Here’s a preview from the dev wiki.

It seems like a good readability font; great for chat.

19 Likes

I’m glad to see that Arimo and Monneserratte ( i 100% said that wrong) are finally being implemented for scripts!

Useful for games that have you choose a font

9 Likes

Rad, I’m glad there will be more than just one font!

5 Likes

Fixes a Tool activating despite Tool.Enabled being false.

It’s funny, cuz I found about it some days ago when I was trying to replace my debounce with it and it wasn’t working. Thanks!

8 Likes

The Release Notes no longer bring me joy. I still yearn for the day we can make animations public. I want to see that in the Release Notes.

13 Likes

Are there people here who know what the ‘Class’ shown in the release note is?

I often use the name “Class”.
If it becomes an built-in variable, the code linter will make the readability of my scripts worse.
(The code linter differentiates between normal variables and built-in variables.)

So, I’m wondering if it could be added.
(imo, It seems that it would work like a newproxy() function.)

5 Likes

Nothing that interesting, this is just a formatting mistake with the person who did copy-editing of the release note thinking Secret was an Instance type rather than an atomic data type. The Class. formatting is intended to make the release note link to the docs.

6 Likes

The docs site uses monospace blocks such as Class.Instance to autoformat class ref links, as tnavarts already mentioned, Secret is a datatype, not an instance, so it should’ve been Datatype.Secret.

More information on this for inquisitive minds:

6 Likes

Screenshot_2024_0404_120420
just, just get Myriad Pro Fonts PLEAS,…,.,.,.,

2 Likes

Since its about fonts can we please have the option to install our own fonts in script editors?

3 Likes

Are you referring to the use of custom fonts in your script editor?

4 Likes

When will native code be used in production?

2 Likes

It is already a feature for the studio script editor

Download a custom font you want, then double-click the font file and click install

In studio
Alt+S > Script editor > Font > This menu should pop up [alt+s brings up the settings menu]
Then search for your installed font and you are good to go!

2 Likes

I think it will be at least another year - the “beta” they released isn’t even a proper beta, it’s a “Preview” to show that there’s still a lot of work to be done.

2 Likes

Ty for telling i will try that later

2 Likes

Ye that’s what im talking about

1 Like

Wheres 618 for android devices?
619 has came, android is stuck on 617

2 Likes

There will be no 618 release on Android.

2 Likes

(outdated, 620 is out)
did the update just get reverted? i just got an update and i’m on 618 again

1 Like