Release Notes for 621

I’m so excited outlines have been added to mobile! Thank you

2 Likes

Changes the distribution of emitted particles to be uniform and not biased.

So, we wont have to make a part 32 studs long to correctly emit high velocity particles without clumped distribution?

2 Likes

Highlights for mobile are the best thing ever

3 Likes

When will be meshpart creator/editor?

2 Likes

No mouse side button support for games with alot of inputs needed though

2 Likes

“Save to Roblox as” just disappeared, is this related?
I’m unable to update assets I made.

1 Like

Toolbox and asset manager disable while I am playtesting, incredibly hindering my workflow since I am not used to the viewport size changing. Why?

A while bunch of other stuff too… why??

3 Likes

Use “Save to Roblox…” but click “Overwrite an existing asset” in the dialog that comes up.

1 Like

It’s a feature to improve play mode startup time: Loading all of those additional features makes the playtest cycle slower. If you still want them during playtesting you can re-enable them with this setting:

11 Likes

Something broke my game in this latest update starting about like an hour ago or so. I haven’t updated the main servers in days. Issues do not happen in studio, and only happens in some new server instances.

Issues:

• Characters jittering around
  • Characters vibrate even when standing still
  • Moon jump gravity for no reason

The gravity in my game is set to 120, why am I able to moon jump in live servers? It doesn’t happen in studio.

Game link: Valor FPS Zombies - Roblox

4 Likes

+1 This has recently started happening to our game too!

4 Likes

Seems to be something with adaptive timestepping, I even made a testing place to test the physics of normal unanchored parts.

1 Like

I’m getting a weird bug in all R15 games where my character and camera vibrate significantly and I can jump super high. Is anyone else getting this?

Edit: Seems to be related to hinges, if I touch something with a hinge it triggers the effect. Equipping a tool or sitting down fixes it.

6 Likes

I’ve been flung quite a few times in an R6 game. This might be a platform-wide issue.

3 Likes

Adds visual parity between desktop and mobile highlights: no dithering, correct blending, and highlight outline support.

FINALLY

Also i think they added a new font (builder font?) So the roblox client i see changes in text looks and size?

1 Like

Oh thanks, I just forgot to select asset category
I’m too used to save to roblox as

1 Like

They lied about fps unlocker update tho, its still pending,
Hope it doesnt happen to this update (its first on the list unlike fps unlocker so it have high chance of gettingbadded which is good)

2 Likes

Some things need more testing and verification than others. In general the broader overall impact on the platform a feature will have on the platform the longer between release note and getting enabled.

5 Likes

2 collaborate buttons showed up, is this supposed to happen?

1 Like

Happened for me too, I just re-launched and they were fixed. I’m seeing things- it’s still there lol.