Release Notes for 631

Hey creators! Studio 631 has dropped with the latest updates and fixes. Enjoy!

IgnisRBX

70 Likes

I have a question about:

Optimizes collisions for complicated meshes.

Is this specific to a CollisionFidelity or does this encompass all of them?

17 Likes

Will lighting technology be modifiable at runtime through some sort of API call?

39 Likes

Whoever did this, can you please fix/change how zooming in/out works on Gamepad? I go more in detail here: Allow developers to configure the default zoom distances for gamepads - #2 by Reditect, but Roblox limits Gamepad zooming to this (0 (first person), 10, 20):

self.gamepadZoomLevels = {0, 10, 20} -- zoom levels that are cycled through on a gamepad R3 press
18 Likes

See roblox reduced ram usage by around 200 MB?

10 Likes

phenomenal

26 Likes

I’d love to hear some more about the optimizations made. Always love seeing improvements like this.

17 Likes

A lot of people will be happy with this

15 Likes

Optimizes collisions for complicated meshes.

Hopefully this reduces server memory, I struggle with it.

(if anyone has any tips message me!)

10 Likes

Since the security was changed from None to RobloxScriptSecurity, it still is not scriptable. Wished it was though.

Anyways the release notes look neat as always.

But what type of highlight is this referring to?

7 Likes

i can’t get the @native attribute to work in roblox, only @checked; is it disabled or something? on a standalone install of luau it works fine

10 Likes

this is a new luau feature that’ll allow you to declare a function as being natively compiled via prefixing it with @native, it doesn’t seem to work yet but it’ll probably be enabled pretty soon

8 Likes

wait what, luau attributes? what did i miss here.

7 Likes

attributes rfc

10 Likes

Make them accurate as well please…

9 Likes

What the hell? We can’t set it by ourselves anymore?

6 Likes

You can still set it through the properties window:

The changes I displayed had to do with the fact that CoreScripts can access the property now (where as no scripts could access it before)

6 Likes

Best guess is that the native attribute is behind a fflag and checked is not.

6 Likes

what kind of changes will this make to meshes? is this just lightening the memory usage when meshes collide or will this help make mesh collisions more accurate? I feel the latter has been an unresolved problem for a long time.

9 Likes

Thanks for the correction. As far as I was aware, not even Studio’s property window could modify such high-security properties. Guess I was wrong.

6 Likes