[Release] Platformer character controller

By lag you mean frame rate dropping?

3 Likes

Yes! haha, my mistake sorry.
I’m a bit still new to the DevFourms

2 Likes

I think the custom character controller has a problem with my avatar

4 Likes

I sure hope Ego Moose can fix this glitch with his character controller.

2 Likes

yeahh…

OK

6 Likes

The problem should be fixed now.

Thank you for this. I’m not trying to flex, but I would have never figured this out otherwise b/c I maintain a flat 60fps.

8 Likes

BowBlox9010 from where the character in your game is look like Awes_3 character?

2 Likes

BowBlox9010 how you get that>?

1 Like

what do you mean?, and I feel this conversation off-topic to the dev forum post, I made the head in-blender.

2 Likes

Definitely using this in my game!

1 Like

Dang, is there anyway you could release this?

1 Like

I have, actually!

3 Likes

Oh, thank you so much. You’re an angel :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I see so much Mario 64 references so I might even add this to Mario madness lol.

3 Likes

Awesome! This is great. I will probably look into the code and see how it works. I am pretty new to scripting (2 years) so I am still learning.

1 Like

Does this happen to anyone else?
There’s an object called “(Player)'s Vehicle” that I’m pretty sure is charge of the dive move. Whenever I press play to test my game, this vehicle spawns and rolls away from the player, and causes the player to get shoved away whenever I get near it. However, the vehicle disappears after I do the dive move, and will then only appear when a dive is performed again.
Here’s a video:
robloxapp-20200621-1900008.wmv (3.6 MB)
Is there a way to fix this?

2 Likes

What do you mean by this. you cant even import the ID’S.

2 Likes

See this thread/answer:

3 Likes

Epic dude! good job, really liked this character controller

1 Like

Thank you! I will definitely use this in the future. I have already plans to add this to my game ideas. :grin:

1 Like