Release: Scale to Value Plugin (Model, Mesh, Part, Union)

So I’ve found plenty of different kinds of scaling plugins, and typically they work by either allowing you to drag things to scale or set a percentage.

When I was importing some greatswords for the game I’m working on, I found it incredibly inconvenient to make them all the same size. Their size is always going to be the same on the Y-axis, but other dimensions are going to vary based on the hilt and blade type.

I wrote a script to just set them to to the same size, but I found copying and pasting to be annoying, so I decided to just make this into a plugin.

I plan to add more features that are meant to improve my quality of life as a developer, but thought I would share this in case others might find it useful as well.

Here are the current features, but I plan to add more:

1. You can scale any part, union, mesh, etc. to a specific value on X, Y, or Z axis and everything else will scale in proportion.

2. You can select multiple of these objects and it will scale them all to the same X, Y, or Z axis value.

3. You can select a Model and it will scale the primary part to the specified X, Y, or Z value, and then scale all other objects in the model relative to the primary part while maintaining relative position.

Update: You can now select any mix of models or objects and the plugin will now do what it is supposed to regardless.

Next Planned Update: Support for skinned meshes and avatar models. I’m currently working on making it restore welds and things of that nature, but this might take a little time to work out all the bugs. (This is proving to be much more difficult for me, but I’ll eventually get it).

If anyone likes this and has any other features they would like to see, please feel free to let me know.

This is my first plugin, but I have many scripts I’ve made that I plan to turn into plugins now that I’ve finally gotten one set up.

2 Likes

Potentially great resource, thank you! I believe you forgot to make it on-sale though.

1 Like

You are absolutely correct, I thought that option was just to charge for it. It’s fixed now.

Thanks for the heads up!