Reliability types for RemoteEvent

I have a game that needs this feature for a racing game mode. I would really love an update on this!

3 Likes

Bump! This would be fantastic and highly appreciated. Would love to avoid the TCP hangups!

2 Likes

Support, it would be very useful in my opinion. Even 6% of the packet loss is enough to broke your game which is frustrating.

1 Like

This would be amazing - canā€™t believe it isnā€™t already a thing

Are there any updates on this feature as of now?
Iā€™ve been waiting for a while and I hope to see this added in a near future!

5 Likes

You might wanna check at RDC instead

1 Like

Iā€™m happy to say that unreliable remote events were announced at RDC! Looking forward to finally closing this 4 year old feature request :relieved:

14 Likes

Would you mind linking us to the video where this was mentioned? Canā€™t seem to find it.

1 Like

Itā€™s confirmed on the official roadmap for late 2023

It was only briefly mentioned at RDC (5:56)

5 Likes

Finally, inner peace at last! It will be so cool.

Hello i donā€™t really understand how that could be usefull, can someone give me an use case ?

2 Likes

RemoteEvents ensure that all data is recieved by the server, uncorrupted. It your lagging, that could be a while.

Some games fire RemoteEvents every frame or heartbeat, to update something constantly. If they resent dropped packets, it would be wasting effort as more recent packets would have been sent out. We should be able to tell it to ignore dropped packets since we sent new ones out immediately anyways. It will improve latency and reduce data usage!

1 Like

It seems to be coming down in the chain, brace your selves.

12 Likes

Didnā€™t expect a new instance to do this, but yeah, this is good. UnreliableRemoteFunction probably wonā€™t exist, as they are required to be reliable.

2 Likes

Where/How do you get that information from ?

1 Like

Here: GitHub - MaximumADHD/Roblox-API-Dump-Tool: A tool that lets you view and compare the latest API Dump files from Roblox's servers.

Just download the .exe, run it, select the zIntegration channel and hit Compare to Production.

(the executable might get detected as a virus)

You can now try them out in studio, you will need to force an FFLAG. You can use roblox studio mod manager for this.

5 Likes

:saluting_face:

13 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.