Remake of Q3DM3 From Quake 3: Arena [[ Looking for feedback! ]]

Hello, everyone!!

I recently decided to make a remake of Q3DM3: The Arena Of Death from Quake 3: Arena. It’s one of my personal favorite maps, mainly because of “cylindrical” design of it. I intend on recreating more maps from Quake 3 in the future, this was just a starting point.

Let me know what you think of it!!

12 Likes

personally i havent played quake3, but i can tell you that… i dont know the highly defined corners and general high resolution just doesnt go well with the textures

1 Like

I intend on making the corners more smoothed out eventually. :slight_smile:

Incredible design, as stated before, the corners could use some touch ups but other than that… I believe this is a very outstanding piece. I would play this in a heart beat if I saw this on the games page. Good work!

1 Like

Oh gosh, I remember so long ago when Roblox had that one test posted in the blog. They recreated Quake 3’s Longest Yard.

Roblox Blog - All the latest news direct from Roblox employees.

Back then it seemed pretty wild to see, and I’ve wanted to see someone go for more maps since. Never played Quake 3, but something about seeing the work recreated is great.

What you’ve got here looks great. Only thing I could point out as being off is the skybox, which looks like it has something else clipping through it?

Either way, keep up the fine work!

I am not usually a fan of maps being completely being made from textures though this might be an exception. It looks amazing. Despite some walls being stretched, it looks really nice. It reminds me of Half Life 2. I cannot wait to see the finished product!

Hey @TheRings0fSaturn

First Impressions

Not gonna lie, I was quaking because of how nostalgic this is. I absolutely love the Quake series and what you’ve done here feels and looks exactly like what my childhood was. Awesome work all around, it seriously doesn’t even feel like roblox, feels like this was all made on unity or any serious game engine.

All around, impressive.

Feedback

The only thing off putting that strikes me right away is the skybox, it looks fragmented into a couple triangles in the first image. I’m not sure if this is intended though.

Conclusion

All around, awesome work man. Fastest DevForum link I’ve clicked on in a while. I hope you finish it or do more projects like these!

1 Like

Having grown up with Doom and Quake, I absolutely adore this. The use of the old textures, the entire map itself- I love it. Excellent job

1 Like

Please do Q3DM6 or pro Q3DM6 (my favorite version) next

You’re in luck!

2 Likes