Remaking the Windows 11 UWP UI style

I used the new Windows 11 UWP Task Manager as the base of the design, feedback appreciated.

Will be used in a game that I have plans to remake.
Notes:

• Draggable + resizeable
  • I am not a ui designer

Questions if you want to answer:

• How can I remake the window shadow?
  • How do I resize a image on ImageLabel/ImageButton instances?
8 Likes

Thats cool. Are there multiple colors to choose from for the background instead of black?

It’s going to be following the W11 UWP style so white or black, theming is possible but I don’t have plans to implement a theme engine yet

that looks EXACTLY like the W11 UI but uh…
also will it be playable as a… say like a fictional OS game? (e.g. that windows xp error game)
or even the ability to make your own apps?

1 Like

2 words, Roblox fonts. (It’s supposed to be “❐”)
(Can’t upload properties window image because DevForum)

Wow, that’s cool. I never thought some would do that.

ah i thought you used a normal image for the maximize/minimize button

I’m really wishing for Roblox to add a option to enable what corners to be rounded for UICorner, these tricks are annoying especially changing the button colors

2 Likes

You can make it a normal image

1 Like

Drop shadow images

dont understand what u mean by it…

oh and it looks LIT! the only difference is the windows 11 ui is kinda glossy yknow.

I mean like making the image smaller without editing the actual size of the ImageLabel/ImageButton (like another size property dedicated to resizing the image only)

I mean, it looks exactly like the Windows 11 UI.

I don’t exactly see the appeal of stealing/copying another companies UI Design for a Roblox Game… If this was for something like a Website or a High Detail Game on another Platform like Unity, Epic, or something along those lines; I could get the appeal but this doesn’t make any sense

Something like this doesn’t really fit for Roblox, if you made a smaller/more compact version of this; with more of a unique, eye catching design; it may draw more appeal.

What game are you making that would use this style of UI?

A script builder

I have the imagination for doing code, not designs. The last thing I could figure out was to simply make the style the same as a operating system’s ui style.

I know that it’s not going to work as Roblox runs on 5 different Windows operating systems, Apple-based devices, Android-based devices, and Linux (using Wine) as all of them (and especially Linux, it has tons of themes and stuff around it) has different ui styles.

1 Like

Quite an interesting game so far;

If you ever want some help, you should always look at other pieces of work and grab inspiration from those.
i.e; something i’m making along side my entire game creation system.

Oh so your saying you want its size to not change relative to the size of the UI? then what you can do is set the image size to offset and not scale.

This is not what I am talking about, I have already found a temporary solution by using a TextButton with a ImageLabel inside it