Remapping Shift Lock Key

I have searched the forums for this topic, but it seems that ROBLOX has removed the API for BoundKeys or something, and I haven’t yet found a way to remap the shift lock key that still works. I have seen a few posts and tested them out, and none are currently working. Is there a new way to do this or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!

14 Likes

The shift lock function is in the core Roblox scripts so if Roblox has removed the bound keys function this is probably impossible but you could try disable normal shift lock then create your own code that does it

You can’t edit these scripts and there used to be a value under the script you could refer to and change the value of to the key, but it’s gone now, so I am assuming I would have to make a whole new system.

EDIT: if you want control to be shift lock then I found this free model script that works perfectly, lol.

https://www.roblox.com/library/2979992040/control-shift-lock

1 Like

You can remap the shift lock key very easily.
Clone the scripts in starter player > starter player scripts > player module (or copy, whatever suits you) and paste them in studio where the script would originally be.

After so, when pasted, go the scripts under player module inside of CameraModule then open MouseLockController.

On line 28 there will be an array of what the shift lock keys are bound to. Change those accordingly.

Then also change line 41 to the key you want to use.

36 Likes

I was about to try copying and pasting the scripts when play testing, because the free model above resembled the scripts from starterplayerscripts. Thank you, this will be very useful.

2 Likes

You don’t need to fork PlayerModule, which is a bad idea as you opt out of future updates. Instead, do this:

8 Likes

You can instead just change the BoundKeys value that’s underneath MouseLockController to whatever you want the keys to be. You could alternatively do what BenSBk did and make your own LocalScript.

2 Likes