Remaster of My Old Showcase: Wyvern Inn

Hey there!
Some of you who were active in the building community in 2014/15 might recognise my place Wyvern Inn (• Wyvern Inn (2014) - Roblox)

Since coming back to Roblox I’ve fallen in love with it again and decided to remaster it so I can capture the atmosphere I wanted to 4 years ago. I’m not remotely close to being done, but other than talking to folk in EBR and RAR I’m finding it very hard to get feedback on my work in the same way I would in the past. So I’m turning to you guys.

Is there anything that seems out of places/lazy/wrong in this image? If so why? What would you add to improve it? What parts do you specifically like? Is it something I can incorporate into newer parts of the showcase?

ANY feedback is really helpful :slight_smile:

6 Likes

In games, showcases, and most art its usually better to “Simulate Darkness” rather than have something that is actually pitch black.

Example: You can clearly tell this is a painting of nighttime, but you are not straining your eyes to look at it.
19-Our-special-meeting-place-Evgeny-Lushpin-Scenes-of-Realistic-Night-Time-Paintings-www-designstack-co

5 Likes

He meant in the picture, That showcase linked is the original that is years old.

Is there anything that seems out of places/lazy/wrong in this image? If so why? What would you add to improve it? What parts do you specifically like? Is it something I can incorporate into newer parts of the showcase?

2 Likes

ahh woops my bad

That’s a really good example, who created this piece by the way?

The image was a lot less dark on my monitor than it is on my phone but definitely too dark either way.
Thanks! I’ll work on that :slight_smile:

Perhaps this is better?

4 Likes

Evgeny Lushpin

–Our special meeting place