Remington 870 MCS - 3D Model

Modeled a Remington 870 MCS variant for my own project.

It might look familiar to any of you who have played the new Modern Warfare (Model 680). The last variant is the same shotgun with a longer barrel and a suppressor + scope mounted to it, just for fun. All in all pleased with how the whole thing turned out.

Thoughts/feedback are always appreciated.

4 Likes

I never knew the Model 680 was a Remington. It looked so familiar to me because of Modern Warfare. Great job on the model man. I love the black finish it has!

1 Like

Well done is an understatement, but I wonder what it will look like scaled down. Judging from the sand texture things are a bit big, do you intend on going with material textures all the way through?

It’s outstanding, my only concern is that such detail might consume more time than practical and if it’s a big server you’ll have to make doppelganger view models for obvious reasons.

My questions are: How many polys? How many hours? Certainly put both of them into this!

1 Like

The bottom picture was taken at a large scale, yes. I just wanted to give it a bit more clarity. I’m still a little undecided on whether or not to start texturing my guns, as I find Roblox materials and the Color3 option suitable for my needs. Studio doesn’t even support PBR yet in its live branch so I’m not totally sold.

I’ve been thinking about what to do for weapons that other players will be holding, as to save game memory/performance etc. I’ll probably make some really low poly weapons in place of the high poly ones for viewing at a distance or in third-person scenarios.

My questions are: How many polys? How many hours?

15k tris (roughly) and about 5+ hours to make, but I’ve never been one to be totally on-point with my work ethic.

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I really like the detail of the gun models you’ve made. They’re pretty good, nice job!