Remote Event firing from seemingly non-existant script

Currently in my game, I have a function which spawns the player either as a normal player or as a ghost. Now, it should be called everytime the player dies as the game did not turn on automatically spawn players. My issue is that this remote even seems to be being fired by a non-existant script, as the only script in my game not only shouldn’t be firing this event with the information that the player should spawn as a ghost when the player resets, but it should also be printing something (which isn’t happenning).

Not specifically asking to help fix the issue in the script, as i’d have to send all the scripts here and that’d be really inconvenient for everyone. Instead, is there any way I can find out what fired the event? since thats all I would need to fix the issue.

Use Ctrl + Shift + F and type the remote name. You will find results of where it is in the game’s codebase.

1 Like

This is likely because the said script is cloned, and when you end playtesting, the source becomes nonexistent. (from my experience, probably incorrect thou)

Interesting take. However, I don’t believe there is any code that is cloned which I did not search through

I feel stupid. The print was on a local script so ofcourse I wasn’t gonna see it on the server output anyways lol

Thanks for the help : D

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.