Remote event invocation queue exhausted

Hello, developers.

I am getting this really weird error in Slow Servers in my game and I don’t know why.

Is anyone else getting these? Is there a way to stop these?

The error says:

Remote event invocation queue exhausted for Workspace.GOOd_pEtS23.Head.FreeFalling.CharacterSoundEvent; did you forget to implement OnServerEvent?
2 Likes

It has something to do with the FilteringEnabled support for SoundService. The way I fixed this glitch for myself was to simply change the RespectFilteringEnabled property. I don’t believe it’s impacted my games in any major way.

EDIT: To fix it, go to SoundService in the Explorer tab and do the inverse for your current setting regarding RespectFilteringEnabled. (Can’t remember if it’s disabled or enabled that causes the bug)

So if it’s enabled, do I disable it?

Yes. If it still doesn’t work, then I’m incorrect and it is something else. I remember there being a solution to this somewhere on these forums so I’ll try to find the post.

I found the original post here. It appears that the only thing you need to do is to add a server script that has an event receiver for the FreeFalling sound event. However, I believe that I have fixed this issue by disabling RespectFilteringEnabled in games if you want to pursue that route.

3 Likes

This has been an issue for quite a while after the sound script was reworked to support RespectFilteringEnabled. As snorebear said, enabling the property should mitigate the error. It’s good practice to use RespectFilteringEnabled anyway, since replicated sound playback just leads to exploitation problems. It also has use for non-exploitation-related scenarios as well.

Can this be fixed? Extremely annoying.

I’m pretty certain doing what the error asks for can fix it:

player.Character.Head.FreeFalling.CharacterSoundEvent.OnServerEvent:Connect(function()
    --nothing needs to be done here
end)