Removal of Auto-populated In-Studio Screenshots

Hi,

A recent, very random, change to Roblox Creator Dashboard made it so that your game icon on your universe is now set to a random default Roblox one rather than being the auto-populated one that pulls directly from your game. Oddly, this is only affecting Creator Dashboard and not Roblox Studio.

Regardless, this is still annoying for developers who have multiple places, like most of us do, which we use to develop different parts of our games. Previously, we’d be able to just look at the image on Creator Dashboard and know which is which, but now we either need to manually set an icon or look at the names, which neither are time efficient.

Here’s an example of what it used to look like:

Although this isn’t the most massive change ever, in my opinion, it’s a useless one and I don’t see any sort of benefit from Roblox changing this.

Roblox, please revert this change so we don’t have to manually go through to create and upload icons for each of our hundreds of places.

Appreciate it, thanks :slight_smile:

51 Likes

This update definitely makes it much harder for me to work. Inconvenient is the best way to describe it.

10 Likes

Thanks for the report, we are looking into it.

12 Likes

I really hope that this is just a bug on their end and hopefully, this does get fixed as so many of my games are now blending together

6 Likes

i noticed this a few days ago and was so confused. hope they put it back to normal because it was much easier to identify different games as you stated.

5 Likes

This update definitely makes it much harder for me to work. Inconvenient is the best way to describe it.

Agreed.

6 Likes

Hiya, thanks for the report. We’ve shipped a fix this morning!

7 Likes