Hey Developers,

Guest Mode has been turned off for iOS.

Thanks,
Developer Relations Team

29 Likes

Guest mode is still not removed. The botting is STILL a problem

22 Likes

Just going to reiterate

Every time one is taken down, the bots switch to another. This is on the front page and all the players are Guest. Remove the “Solution” on this post if Guest are not even removed.

15 Likes

Another one just hit front page! This needs to be taken down ASAP

3 Likes

At least make guests not count towards the player count (frontpage-wise)

4 Likes

Does any platform officially support guests any more? Does the website or any of the apps support guest mode?

If nothing officially supports guest mode, all guests must be “hacked”/exploited in through unofficial means. Would it be reasonable and allowed to kick these players from our games?

1 Like

I think that for now, just not counting them towards the player count (as einsteinK said) is the best solution.

Sometimes I try and join a game and I get thrown in as a guest instead of myself - no clue as to why this happens, but it does. I’m fairly sure this is what happens for most of the guests you see, seeing how there is no proper way to log on as a guest anymore.

5 Likes

It’s the best solution on Roblox’s side of things, definitely.

I’m asking as a developer if I’m personally allowed to kick guests from my game since they are likely not legitimate guests.

Given this information, it’s probably best to not kick guests since they are actually, probably bugged players. This is the sort of thing I wanted to know about in regards to if kicking guests was “reasonable”.

3 Likes

Ironically when I was signed in one day I went to play that Injustice game. I have no idea why but it set me as a guest when I was clearly logged in. I don’t know why this occurred but bugged players isn’t out of the question - just not that ad game.

4 Likes

AFAIK on Android it’s definitely possible to play using really old versions by installing the APK from outside Google Play. I know that because our Google Analytics constantly had bizarre errors logged like “upVector is not a member of Vector3” that only made sense once I realized it was players using old clients that didn’t have those.

7 Likes

Yeah. Android no longer has forced updates iirc.

4 Likes

When are they going to be removed entirely?

It has been five whole months since this was announced and for now I’m just treating people joining as guests as either using really outdated and insecure software (which is bad anyways for them and for me) or doing so for malicious intentions.

Either way, for the game and the user’s security, I’m kicking all guests joining my games. There’s no point on handling side cases anymore when such cases were officially announced as removed.

32 Likes

Yeah, I was tracking some stats yesterday, and to my surprise it appeared to include guests still. Not sure how this hasn’t been officially removed yet.

Actual stats I found yesterday in one of my games:
Of 4,200 people, 19 of them were different users using the guest system

3 Likes

For some reason, guests haven’t been fully removed yet.
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/guests-still-exist/81639/7

The best solution, for now, is to just kick guests rather than trying to make your game(s) compatible for guests.

3 Likes

Thing is, would developers still be penalised for restricting guests from joining their games, as many developers, including myself, have been moderated for restricting these guest accounts.

Would be nice to get some clarification on the issue.

4 Likes

You actually got moderated for doing that? Didn’t know that…

6 Likes

Yeah, they wanted to ensure that everyone could play games on the platform, and the game got put under review because of this.

5 Likes

When was this?

1 Like

Around October of last year.

1 Like

Guests are still roaming about my game, and there appears to be a method for Guest Accounts to gain admin privileges on certain admin command scripts. Why can’t the Guest endpoints be removed?

3 Likes