Remove Face Controls on a Character?

I want to remove the new animated faces and replace it with the old default faces with the decals on a character model. I tried to remove the Face Controls, Head, and SurfaceAppearance but then i found out that the face is literally on the Mesh of the Head. I tried changing the MeshId of the Head on the script but that’s not possible because of the restriction. Is there any way around this?

function removeFaceCtrl(targetRig)
	if targetRig.Head:FindFirstChild("FaceControls") then
		local face = Instance.new("Decal")

targetRig.Head.FaceControls:Destroy()
		targetRig.Head.SurfaceAppearance:Destroy()
		targetRig.Head.Head:Destroy()

targetRig.Head.MeshId = "https://assetdelivery.roblox.com/v1/asset/?id=7430070993"

face.Parent = targetRig.Head
		face.Name = "face"
	end
end

This is how it looks when I removed them.

3 Likes

To get rid of the animated faces aka Dynamic Heads, you have to press in the explorer the Starter Player folder, then in the character tab, change enabledynamic heads from default to disabled, then the players will have their classic face that they have equipped. Let me know if it fixed your issue.

4 Likes

Sorry for the confusion but I’m not looking to remove it for the players. I want it to remove for the character models that I insert to the game.

Not sure if this is considered necroposting but here is my solution for players when they join, I believe it works for when the NPCs as well.

function removeDynamicHead(character)
			local mesh : SpecialMesh = character.Head.Mesh
			if mesh.Scale.Magnitude <= Vector3.one.Magnitude then
				mesh:Destroy()
				mesh = Instance.new("SpecialMesh")
				mesh.Name = "fixed mesh"
				mesh.Scale = Vector3.one*1.25
				mesh.MeshType = Enum.MeshType.Head
				mesh.Parent = character.Head
			end
		end
1 Like

thanks! ill try it out later and let you know if it works.