Remove fake mouse on Xbox

Hi,

Is it possible to remove the fake mouse that appears when I plug in a gamepad or play my game on Xbox? I’m talking about the white dot that appears in the center of the screen in first person and moves toward the top third of the screen when in third person.

I know you can hide this cursor using UserInputService.MouseIconEnabled, but I’d like to know if there is a way to get rid of it entirely. (It also happens to count as the user’s mouse for everything else mouse-related, like Player:GetMouse())

The reason being that this fake mouse dot fires MouseEnter and MouseLeave events for gui objects, so if you have a gui object toward the center of the screen (for example, an inventory gui), the fake mouse will continuously make that gui the currently hovered gui.

It would be really awesome to know if there’s a way to either remove or move this fake cursor around so I can make a gamepad-controlled mouse cursor that fires MouseEnter and MouseLeave on my ui objects.

Is there anything like this currently, or is this a feature request?

Thank you!

3 Likes

Pretty sure this would be a feature request. However, I don’t see any reason for the dot to be removed as if you need to click a button or interact with something, it shows that you are able to select it.

I do think this needs to be fixed, as it is kind of annoying when using a controller. At the same time, I use mouse/keyboard on the Xbox and hope removing something like this would not affect it’s usefulness.

1 Like

I don’t see any reason for the dot to be removed as if you need to click a button or interact with something

Yeah, I’m only interested in contextually hiding it when I have a modal interface taking up the user’s screen.

Interestingly, the Roblox core guis get away with doing this, somehow. There is no fake cursor and no mouse hover issue when you open the core menu on Xbox by pressing start.

3 Likes

Right then, I must have misunderstood part of your topic. I apologize.

So in this case, I actually agree. I support.

2 Likes