Remove functions' Quotes when destructing a 'local function'

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard for ‘Local Methods’ like a function of PromptBeganHold() used in an action for removing the parenthesis of that particular function when changing or removing the function itself.

On studio, having a made-up function ClickedHover() or PromptBeganHold() in a script and removing it doesn’t remove the parenthesis of the function as it brings up an error in the Script Analysis. With this being the default setting + having this happen, it makes me waste some time and a bad practice or way a function is being removed that has a table or parenthesis for something important.

Doing something like: script.Parent.ProximityPrompt.Triggered:Connect(PromptTrigger) and then want to remove the function inside of :Connect(FUNCTIONNAME) would be beneficial and anything that involves having brackets or tables as shown above.

“What if there is stuff inside ‘()’ and ‘{}’?” If there is information like calling a function at the end of the script or other functions / variables, then it would work by default in a later example, and if there isn’t, the function will delete both itself and the “quote blocks” it has, allowing something as I’ve explained of “…if there is something inside of ‘()’, remove the function and not that” and “…if there isn’t anything, remove it” is more reasonable to have when scripting.

Here what it looks like before removing / highlight:

RobloxStudioBeta_kokYwLD57v

Now, here is what it looks like as a common practice to remove a function:

RobloxStudioBeta_CkWFBptXMK

Excuse my sloppy code, this was made a day before this, and took the wrong photos.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience and my workflow because having the parenthesis removed when removing a function(s) is reasonable and helpful as I’m not the type of developer who highlights then remove it as I like to click or double-click. Allowing parenthesis to be removed when removing a function would be helpful.

1 Like