Remove "Library" from the Search Bar

Most users on the platform aren’t developers and don’t even know that studio exists. I find it unnecessary to include Library in the already long drop-down list when using Roblox’s search bar.

You are already able to search in the library if you wish to by going from Create > Library.

This is necessary because:

• The search bar is used very frequently, and having Library, something users never search for being just as prominent as an option in comparison with the Avatar Shop, Games, Groups, or Players baffles me. Simplify the drop-down.

• This change will speed up searching up items. With less options you can select the area you’re searching in faster, and it will seem cleaner overall.

• Go to the decal section and there you will find “Avatar Items” that aren’t really avatar items at all. Many users have mistaken purchasing a decal in the Library as actually purchasing an accessory when in reality that isn’t the case at all. While this won’t solve the problem, it will make sure less users fall for the trap.

• There is already a search bar within the library itself that contains helpful filters such as creator, genre, sort by, and type of asset. Currently the library only searches in models. The library’s search bar is superior in every way to the one at the top of your screen.

This would help almost every user’s everyday experience with just a little attention to UX.

24 Likes

I think including the library is fine. It just needs to be renamed to “Asset Marketplace” as it is in Studio to clarify what the library is/does for users that have never heard of it before.

24 Likes

I disagree with this suggestion as this has helped me a lot for searching for things in the library section of the site.

12 Likes

What makes you think this? Have you considered the points I brought up above? Please clarify, I honestly don’t know why people think it’s okay to keep.

How exactly does the search bar help? Use the search bear contained within the library instead- it is better in almost every single degree. You can filter who made the model, select specific genres, not only search for models (plugins, meshes, audio, etc.) etc.

There is already a search bar that is far better than the main search bar. Why use the main search bar?

1 Like

It is also a faster way to get to the library tab

7 Likes

What?? I didn’t know you could search the library directly from the search bar.
Whenever I wanted to get to the library I would always click ‘Create’ and then ‘Library’ to get there, it was really annoying.

I’m definitely using this now.

2 Likes

Disagree, many developers including me use this to search up audio, plugins (weird), and other stuff that is important, it’s a quick way to get things instead of going into studio for assets.

Yet, most users use this to find audio, where else are they suppose to look for audio to play in their games, radio, or add it to a game? Studio isn’t a valid option as some users might now know how to use studio.

How do you know that users don’t search up assets in Library? What makes you assume this is the case? I, myself, use this for specifies purposes.

Can you clarify a bit more on this?

IMO, this is a bad change if library gets removed, don’t look at the developer’s side or your point of view (if this is the case), look at the users and community and see who navigates to the library; Aypuo and TTVDarth have valid points on not having this be removed.

1 Like

Yeah, so clearly you didn’t read my topic at all. I don’t want the library removed, I want the option to search in the library removed from the main search bar. Not the search bar in blue, the search bar in red.

1 Like

I honestly don’t remember the last time I searched using the “main” search bar at the top middle. I mostly idle all day in studio, so I am either using the toolbox or using the search bar in Roblox to look for assets.

Won’t really hurt anyone if this gets removed.

1 Like