Remove need-less duplication of rules (via 'added' notes) in the official forum rules

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to browse the forum rules without coming across multiple duplicates of the same rule with a different rule number. All of these rules are duplicated due to an ‘added’ message informing users of the rule being edited. However, not only does this make it difficult to read the forum rules when there are obvious duplicates but also the fact that these numbers no longer line-up (the investment rule was rule 17.1 previously but is now 15.1, which makes it incredibly difficult to determine that it’s the same rule)

A suggestion that I have got for how this could be mitigated, is by deleting these ‘updated notes’ after a while of them being posted and editing the date that the rule was added in brackets next to the rule (in-case former posts are to be grand-fathered in)

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because it would make the forum rules much more readable than their current state.

4 Likes

I’ve started a discussion internally if we can simplify down the forum rules post to make it easier to read in general. Agree that the current layout is not really enticing to read through and inhibits understanding because of all the duplication. We’ll likely also get rid of or resolve the numbering situation.

2 Likes

This specific issue was resolved (“added” posts removed) and we’re separately looking into simplifying down the forum rules to make them easier to read.

Considering this thread solved for the time being.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.