Remove or change the Ctrl + W studio shortcut

I’m sure many of you have also accidentally closed studio because of this.

Ctrl + W is a really bad choice for a shortcut which closes studio. It’s too close to the frequently used shortcuts; such as Shift + W (to move slow in studio). And W… it’s probably the most used key…

So I suggest removing this or changing it to something else, because I shut down studio by accident at least twice a week.

19 Likes

I also keep hitting some random shortcut that opens up Studio settings every time I Alt+Select a part in the game window. I think it should rather be a thing to customize shortcuts.

1 Like

You can change this yourself.

In studio do
File>Advanced>Customize Shortcuts.

Then scroll down to where is close is and set your own key binding

6 Likes

How do I remove the current one though? If I press any key it just adds it to the list.

EDIT: Nvm found it; just right click on the shortcuts.

3 Likes

I actually do use Ctrl+W on purpose. It’s helpful when I have many place files open at once. Like Vineyard said, it’s much better to just change it yourself.

1 Like

Is this even fully controllable within studio? It is a standard windows shortcut after all.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts

Unless it is merely optional for programs to work with it, that I am not sure about.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.