Remove the ability to delete clothing made by Roblox

If you dont want to own it then you dont attempt to get it :^)

1 Like

Or I can delete it, and you can keep your account secure so nobody deletes it against your will.

5 Likes

The issue with this is that removing this functionality leaves zero way to remove unwanted assets.

With limited items its fine because if you really don’t want that Shaggy or Bright Fighter, you can sell it and get rid of it.

How do I get rid of my ROBLOX Giftbox if I don’t want it? With this, the answer is you can’t.

I trust the ROBLOX customer service team to resolve problems where assets are deleted off their account, or removed from their account. There are much more damaging things that cannot be reverted someone could do if they hijacked your account, deleting an asset is easily revertible. If it is not, then perhaps the team should be given a method at reverting those sorts of actions.

3 Likes

So the real suggestion here would be to have a delete button is guarded by a pin.

4 Likes

parental pin to delete a hat ?

3 Likes

Exactly! This has been suggested as early as 3 years ago.

It will obviously have to be different from the parent pin (else the user could just change their privacy settings, assuming of course we want the user to be able to delete their own assets and what-not).

2 Likes

Id be fine with that

same tbh

inb4 hackers find a way to find parental codes

I feel like ive suggested this as well, but a parental pin for selling limiteds, trading items and buying items, and now deleting items should be mandatory. It will pretty much stop almost all scamming, unless you dont have a pin.

1 Like

@Klocko, while that does seem like a good suggestion on paper, as I’ve mentioned before PINs can only go so far. It would serve as a very nice delay to buy time for Roblox support to help, though, so maybe? Certainly something to consider.

@Polymorphic, true. I do feel some solution needs to be in place to store unwanted assets, but the only solutions I have in mind would be a bit more complex than simply removing the delete button, such as a search bar to find the items you’re looking for, or a tagging system to hide unwanted items unless you’re specifically searching for them.

Along with that, I have sadly seen cases where people, such as twinny4u92, haven’t gotten all of their items back. As for the things which could cause more damage, these are the sort of things that I feel could get resolved with support more easily, by providing the proof that you own your own account.

@Alkan, Sadly, while we can do a LOT to keep our account secure, no system will be perfect. There are people always trying to discover new ways to get in, and there will be cases where these things happen. Even past that, this does give a certain degree of protection to younger users who aren’t aware of more unique methods.

Why is this a feature that needs to fall on the user? Shouldn’t Customer Support restore all deleted items when they recover an account?

They should, but I have seen cases in the past where they haven’t. I’d also have to believe that one of the reasons they only do one recovery is so that they don’t have to recover as many items, something that would be helped with this change.

If they don’t, then it should become part of their process.

So request that a tool is built for them which makes restoring items trivial. We shouldn’t be building features to skirt around underpowered customer service – just give CS the tools they need to be effective.

1 Like

That’s another good suggestion. Sadly, I don’t know enough on what Roblox would need to do to provide such tools, so I’m not exactly sure how much work would have to be put in to make such a change. Definitely something to keep in mind, though.

Edit: I have just taken some of these responses into more thought, and come up with a potential solution which pleases everyone. I have edited it into the original post.

I support the Hide button option, it could serve a purpose in organization of items.

2 Likes

we used to be able to delete limiteds, however that was removed after users would buy a limited, delete it, buy it again, delete it etc to increase the value of their item by removing stock.

I don’t see why we can delete anything made by roblox at the moment, I’ve never used it, and the majority never even considers it.

however the parental pin idea/the ‘hide’ button is cool, however the inventory slide on profile pages is basically for showing off hats, and not having the rest seen unless that specific person wants to.

i.e I also know poeple who get compromised and lose hats that are very hard to obtain example would be red banded top hat, and support usually don’t restore non-limited items.

2 Likes

That’s exactly my issue with it. For as little usage as it gets, the main people who seem to benefit from this are simply people who get into user’s accounts.

True, I’m not exactly sure how Roblox would wish to handle it. However, in terms of hiding items, in my opinion it’d probably be better to leave them on the inventory page, as a way to know which items are currently hidden.

I like the hide feature!
Now, if I am not wrong, it’s fairly impossible to get into someone elses’s account now with 2-step verification.
If anything.

1 Like

I agree

1 Like

2-step added another layer of security, but one of the most common vectors of attack (cookie theft) remains possible. It’s very easy to download a malicious ROBLOX plugin from the Google Chrome store which allows this. It’s still fairly common for accounts to be compromised.

1 Like