Removing the CSG size restriction

Removing the auto size forcing when attempting to resize CSG parts into something smaller than 1 on any axis.

Please make a way for minimap scripts to work on rescaling a model comprised of multiple CSG parts.

Last time I heard this was already done three weeks ago but up until now there has not been a single update on it.

1 Like

I was actually considering posting this in bug reports.

Yes, please do this. If it’s not top priority right now, then it should be.

It’s done and on it’s way. We’re still waiting for all platforms to get it.

Where have I heard that before

Where have I heard that before[/quote]

He asked for an update and I provided it. We’re not magicians.

Where have I heard that before[/quote]

Blame Apple for not approving the updates again. Not Roblox.

I don’t recall blaming anybody for anything.

Every dev who requests changes has to understand that there is an internal testing process, QA process, a release process, and an approval process to every update to come out. What may seem like a simple change can have network effects in the code that can’t be tested in a straightforward manner. If you are to release quality software, you’ll need to understand that these are the ropes of all basic software development.

That reminds me, how did it go in the end with ServerSide pathfinding working awesome and ClientSide none existent until it was released?

After going through all that troublesome software development process, the CSG size restriction has been removed. You can now resize safely around the cabin.

This is a picture of a tiny cake.

[quote] After going through all that troublesome software development process, the CSG size restriction has been removed. You can now resize safely around the cabin.

This is a picture of a tiny cake.

[/quote]
What is the minimum size? Is it still Vector3.new(0.2,0.2,0.2) or nothing?

Planck’s constant! No just kidding. There’s no limit!

(It’s probably 1.2 * 10^-38)

[quote] Planck’s constant! No just kidding. There’s no limit!

(It’s probably 1.2 * 10^-38) [/quote]
Awesome! :smiley:
#AndPhysicsWillRage

(It’s probably 1.2 * 10^-38) [/quote]So you can only size them smaller on Studio?

If so, that’s a bit unfortunate. Really wanted to dynamically scale the armour depending on the size of the race the player was. Will have to make models for each race manually - which is a bit tedious. :X

(It’s probably 1.2 * 10^-38) [/quote]So you can only size them smaller on Studio?

If so, that’s a bit unfortunate. Really wanted to dynamically scale the armour depending on the size of the race the player was. Will have to make models for each race manually - which is a bit tedious. :X[/quote]

Not true at all - my minimap script resized this wheel well beyond just 0.2 (this wheel is composed of 4 parts, 1:100 scale)

[quote] [quote=“Adamintygum” post=100783]Planck’s constant! No just kidding. There’s no limit!

If so, that’s a bit unfortunate. Really wanted to dynamically scale the armour depending on the size of the race the player was. Will have to make models for each race manually - which is a bit tedious. :X[/quote]

Not true at all - my minimap script resized this wheel well beyond just 0.2 (this wheel is composed of 4 parts, 1:100 scale)

[/quote]Was this online? I tried it just before and it seemed to have the same behaviour as it had before this update, unless I’m mistaken and this works client-side only.

This was on a local server, from a server-side script. I set it to resize the cake 10 seconds after the server starts:

Maybe it’s a problem with your code?

This was on a local server, from a server-side script. I set it to resize the cake 10 seconds after the server starts:

Maybe it’s a problem with your code?[/quote]It works fine on Studio, so I’m not sure if “problem with my code” is of any use.

I’m talking about online servers here.

EDIT: Got news from DoogleFox that scaling works client-side on a online server but not server-side.

Works on server too now. You guys are too fast for me.

[quote] Works on server too now. You guys are too fast for me. [/quote]We got it working on the client-side anyway. :smiley: