Renaming images in game explorer does not work

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.
    Renaming assets via the game explorer renames them locally, but does not actually change their name in the universe.

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

This bug occurs every time. Publish a game to the website in studio, upload an asset, and attempt to rename the asset. The asset will appear as renamed, but if you reload the game via edit mode, the asset will not have changed its name.

• Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.
    This bug happens in all of the published projects I am currently involved in.

• Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.
    then I reopen the game
    the asset has reverted back to its original name

• When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.
    has been happening for at least a month

• Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.
    this is happening in a game without teamcreate on, i am not sure if it happens in games with TC enabled.

1 Like

This is also happens to me but with renaming places too.

2 Likes

Same thing is happening to me, I usually remove the asset before I reinsert it, but it is a problem because i would have to update all the images with the old asset to prevent them from not loading on clients.

2 Likes

This is an issue I’m having with saving place files, linked sources, image assets, etc and is something that Roblox should look into as it’s very inconvenient currently.

2 Likes