Renaming Issue in Studio - Cannot rename part directly

Having an issue on both of my workstations where in Studio I can only rename a file (part, mesh etc.) by going to properties or right click and then CLICKING on rename which both are very time consuming. Before I could slowly double click on a file and could rename it (just like a Windows file) directly… or by pressing F2. This has been happening since the last update on 4/21/21. I cannot report bugs yet so not sure where I can post this message. If this is not allowed here, please remove. Anyone else having this issue?

4 Likes

I am having exactly the same problem! It’s really annoying since it slows me down so much.
I’ve also noticed that I can’t use the shortcuts for the transform tools anymore (ctrl+1,ctrl+2,ctrl+3,ctrl+4), is this also happening with you?
And also, if you can’t post in the bug section of the DevForum, take a look at this page.

1 Like

Though, I don’t know the keybinds to studio and if there is one for renaming things, you can just rename it in the properties tab (which imo, is faster than right clicking and pressing rename)
edit: i can rename it by double/triple clicking

1 Like

Did you read this:

He is only talking about the keybind not working.

1 Like

I have also been having this issue, I was waiting for it to come up in the forum because I did not have time to make a post myself:

• For me, it occurs after you stop a playtest.
• Restarting studio fixes it until you playtest again.
• Single-Clicking and pressing F2 do not work to rename after playtesting, the only way you can change an item’s name is through the properties tab.

2 Likes

The transform shortcuts seem to be ok on my end…

1 Like

Oh
Then that’s only me, but I don’t know why. It keeps occurring :cry:

If this issue is still occurring it might fix itself when you right click > rename once (as in you manually rename it without f2 then attempt with f2 afterwards), as it did for me. Seems like the function needs to be woken up or something. This may be my end though.

I’ve had this issue for a while now and this is the first post I have seen

Roblox fixed the bug with an update on 4/23/21. Seems to be working now.

still an issue for me, unfortunately. seems to be an even bigger issue now as neither my renaming trick or restarting studio fixes it.

I use a Logitech G915 TKL keyboard if that helps.

Edit: this seems to only happen with GUI objects (Specifically ScreenGuis)

1 Like