Render distance and lag issues

Hello!
I’m building a basic driving game where you can drive around the map and visit multiple cities. Since the very beginning I’ve had issues with render distance though. The render distance seems to be really small (even though I have set my graphics to the max), which makes it hard to drive at faster speeds since the map is rendering quite literally right in front of you. I’ve had this issue with some other games of mine too, and the places that have this render issue usually also have other issues (such as certain scripts not working, UI not working at all) and a few friends of mine have had such issues too.
Now that the map is a bit bigger, it also starts to lag and it lags the most whenever it has to render more of the map. Once again, driving at high speed becomes very difficult as you cannot see the map well and it’s also lagging at the same time.

I don’t even have that many details, and the cities aren’t large. I’ve tried removing different meshes and unions, vegetation, parts, details, cars, but nothing seems to help. I’m quite lost here now.

I’d be very glad if someone could help me with this (how to increase render distance, how to reduce lag, and if anyone has any idea why some places don’t have any scripts nor UI working then that would be greatly appreciated too!)

Thanks!

1 Like

Have you tried utilizing Streaming Enabled?

Yes I have. I tried different settings too, and something seemed to work for the render distance but it caused some great lag, so I quickly disabled it. Can’t quite remember what it was.

Make sure you grouped stuff into models so you can set their streaming type and their streamed quality as well as I know that has a beneficial effect on performance.

This did that to my game instead, not what it looked like before.