Render Feedback

Hi, im Storm and im new in the dev forum, I was recently interested in 3d art, so I did it, this is one of my renderings, if someone tells me how to remove those small pixels that look like particles I would love it, I accept criticism

7 Likes

Super nice, but the clouds look a bit weird as the little bit that their standing on looks very low poly

3 Likes

Thx, yeah, I couldn’t find a good background to apply within the render, then I’ll edit it

1 Like

The renders look absolutely wonderful, but I recommend changing the background to something that goes with the platform they are standing on. Other than that your 3d art is incredible.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I appreciate your comment

1 Like

Great work mate, but the legs look a bit unrealistic when this character is falling

I would recommend making it look like he is tripping over the platform.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Great render, you should try to replace the background that would match the platform. You can also improve it by reducing the rendering noise. I am not great with those rendering settings so you would need to either play around with them or ask someone that specializes in rendering. I am pretty sure that there is even Youtube tutorials on that.

1 Like

Thanks, when something fails if I look for it in yt xD

1 Like

This is really nice! The backround looks a bit off to me, and doesn’t really match the theme very well. You could make it look like hes falling into some sort of fire or volcano or just overall something that matches the floor. His feet are together and it looks a bit unrealistic, so I think you could have one foot going higher into the air or something. (for the guy falling)

1 Like

I think it looks good. The only thing off is the clouds in the background doesn’t look right.

1 Like

Pretty good, the clouds in the background look much more realistic than the platform though, try to find a simpler background to make it fit the theme more.

1 Like
  • improve lighting; there are tons of tutorials that go over lighting for Blender, Cinema 4D etc.
  • add wrinkles to the clothes; SoftGB made a tutorial on YouTube.
  • use the blur brush to simulate depth of field in your gfx and to make the characters stick out more.
  • find a better background or blur the background a lot.
  • fix the poses as they look really stiff; usually i just move them slightly in all axis, then move them in a certain axis to get into the correct pose. you can look at reference images on the internet for help.
1 Like

Thank you very much for your comments.

I used that background because I couldn’t find any good ones, I’ll edit it xD and the game is similar to a tnt run in the air

While it’s a simplistic design (have you included or experiment into testing HDRI lighting to improve the quality of the scene)? The shadows kind of look a little heavy since not much lighting is thrown in the design you have bright colors since the area is yellow but I’ll try adding shadows on the surface from the character that got punched off.

The clouds look a little uneven and dark in certain parts of it as it looks alright, i think the problem your experiencing is sometimes called (fireflies or noise). You probably have a low sample rate causing noise to appear in your scene when rendering, you’ll need to toggle in the properties panel and find the rendering tab; I’ll consider doing a bit of research around blender related questions.

Other than that it’s a simple scene here consider experimenting with lighting perhaps add more vibrant colors to increase the shadows hitting the surface?

1 Like

Thx, and is my first “render”, im learning :slight_smile:

1 Like