Render Fidelity won't change and is stuck in Precise

Sometimes, when making a mesh have an Automatic Render Fidelity it will get stuck in Precise and regardless of how many times you set it or restart studio it won’t change to Automatic. I tried re importing the mesh again but it didn’t work either. It will automatically switch back to Precise. I’m not aware of doing anything wrong, and I’ve seen many other people have this same problem and the only topic regarding this had no support whatsoever

Here’s a video of the bug taking place:

Here’s a file of one of the MeshParts with this bug.
Repro.rbxm (2.9 KB)

5 Likes

Ive been using the ‘precise’ and ‘automatic’ feature lately, and I have noticed that meshparts with low tris counts cant be set to ‘automatic’ (since they are already so low) and then get reverted back to ‘precise’. I have done some testing and found that any mesh under 100 triangles cannot be set to ‘automatic’. This is probably done to prevent the moderation system from being overloaded with meshparts that dont need this feature.

This is the command I used

for _,mesh in pairs (game.Selection:Get()) do mesh.RenderFidelity = Enum.RenderFidelity.Automatic end

3 Likes

Hi Mistertitanic44. This is weird. Maybe it’s because of the moderation yes. The thing you can do is maybe try to put more triangles for your mesh.
I don’t really use RenderFidelity so i don’t know if it will work.

1 Like

Yeah, I wish it would just set it to automatic, even if it can’t reupload. I don’t care about the implementation details in this case, automatic should mean… automatic!

2 Likes

yeah its bizarre. And why dont we have the ability to change the render distance ourselves? 250-500 studs is quite far for my game and I would love to change the distance to be shorter. Roblox keeps babying these features for us. I apologize if im derailing the topic but its just so frustrating.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.