Rendering bug with meshes some distance away

It seems that the normals for some meshes stop being respected a certain distance from the camera

That or some other weird bug with mesh color. This is very annoying for my game where I want waves to blend in with the ocean.
The mesh has its normals reversed so the mesh as a whole remains relatively uninfluenced by the glaring from sunlight. This might be the reason the bug is happening?

Actually some further testing proves this happens with practically all meshes some distance from the camera. Very jarring and annoying and wasn’t happening before a recent update.

A good remedy would be to have a material we can apply to meshes and objects that tells it to ignore all lighting.

6 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

3 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved? We are having a hard time reproducing this issue

Hopped into my game it’s still occuring.

Lighting settings. Meshes get incorrect color after about 500 studs from camera/ player. It might have to do with making meshes more performant.

Alright, when there is an update from engineering i will pass it on.

1 Like

More information: This is dealing with specialmeshes, and it happens with any mesh.

1 Like