Rendering Issues (Terrain & Assets)

With the recent Roblox Shoreline update,my game has been facing a massive problem ever since.
(Yes,this only started occuring after the update)
That being rendering issues,this includes terrain-tearing,assets not loading in properly and even full game crashes.

Here are several examples of such,

The terrain on the left is unrendered,despite being nearby.

The terrain has massive holes in the ground,which can lead to players falling off the map.
Some parts of a nearby rail track are also not loading in.

Game crash with Error Code 260 after driving at high speeds through parts of the unrendered areas.

I’m not exactly sure if this is an actual bug as I don’t see that many forums about such things occuring on other games. The logs don’t show any sort of error either.

Please give some insights on possibly why this is occuring and a solution if possible,thank you.

(I apologize if I put this in the wrong catagory)

1 Like

The Shorelines update was in Beta and says to save a place file of your game before making the update, in case things like this happened. Did you save a place file?

Sorry for such a late reply.
I did keep an older place file,but changes have already been made to the updated version and replacing it with the older version means the new additions would be removed,that is something I’m trying to avoid.

During the development process,some members of the team tested the game in Studio and didn’t notice any issues,until I played it on the released version and experienced these problems.
Another thing to add is that I’ve noticed that no matter how good my connection to the network is,the Network Recieve is always red,is that some kind of hint as to what’s wrong?

1 Like

Im unsure about the network receive… but did you activate the new shorelines update, or are you just saying since it was introduced as an option, this is what has happened to your place? I haven’t read any posts of the new update (once activated) that is making changes to assets, only to terrain… but I could be wrong.

The updated version of the game (Current) is using the updated shorelines,the older version (Before) isn’t and still has water connected to land.
In fact,I don’t actually know if it is even related to the shoreline changes or just the update itself.

I will attempt to revert to the older version of the game and see if the issues still persists.

Unanswered as to why it happens,but the issue no longer occurs,even with no changes being made.

For anyone who unluckily encounters similar issues,attempt to wait several updates and see if it resolved on its own.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.