Renewed VIP server registering as cancelled: loss of Robux, server remains expired (HTTP 403)

At around 6:15 PM EST today, I wished to renew a cancelled VIP server on Those Who Remain. I was able to successfully complete the transaction with 300 Robux taken out of my account and logged in my Purchase History tab as expected. Despite this, it still registers the VIP server as cancelled. At times, it even refuses wholly to show either the renew or join options.

I thought waiting it out would fix the issue, so I gave it some time before retrying. Time did not resolve the error. 2 hours later, I am here with this bug report.

This appears to be an isolated incident in which I’ve run into an unexpected error. To check if this bug was occurring for other places as well, I renewed an active VIP server I had for Ro-Ghoul. This VIP server successfully reactivated upon submitting payments.

UPDATE: After more waiting, a secondary issue regarding the subscription renewal bug no longer exists and I have been able to pinpoint a source of error. Specifically, upon attempting to activate my VIP server, a network request fails with 403 XSRF Token Validation Failed. This is in the console as well.

Here is a video of the problem occurring, starting from the configuration panel.

Reproduction information:

Requirements

• A target place with VIP servers enabled
  • Sufficient Robux to renew subscriptions for the target place
  • A cancelled VIP server (subscriptions inactive, VIP server expired)

Steps to reproduce

1. Renew your VIP server. Do this through the game page or VIP server configuration panel.
  2. Reactivate your VIP server.

Repro outcomes:

Success refers to an outcome that successfully reproduces the issue I am encountering. Failure means you have not reproduced the bug and are experiencing expected behaviour.

• [SUCCESS] Attempting to reactivate the VIP server after payment results in a notice stating that you cannot configure a cancelled VIP server.
  • [SUCCESS] Attempting to save changes to your VIP server results in a notice stating that you cannot configure a cancelled VIP server.
  • [FAIL] The VIP server successfully activates upon turning it on.

Additional information:

• The id of the private server currently encountering this issue is 7260812.
  • The current browser I am using is Google Chrome, Version 76.0.3809.132.
  • The browser is not throwing any errors whatsoever. The console is clear.
  • Disabling all my extensions does not change the outcome of this problem.
  • [NEW] In the console, upon attempting to activate my server, one network request returns an error status code, 403 XSRF Token Validation Failed.
    • [NEW] This does not happen all the time. The error is thrown infrequently and may not be tied to the bug, after further exploration.

Things I have not tried yet, and am unsure if they will make a difference:

• Clearing my cache: I have important data that I can’t afford cleared right now. I will only clear my cache for critical issues. I cleared it once to try and resolve a launcher issue to which it did not resolve and thus I lost a lot without gaining anything.
  • Using a different browser: No excuse. I’m not sure if changing my browser would have any effect on the result but if it would, I will try it ASAP.
5 Likes

More information about the “Unknown Error Occured” may be available in the console or in the network tab, check for failed requests.

1 Like

Thank you for highlighting this. As mentioned in the initial report, the console is clear while this bug is occurring, though I have not yet checked the network tab. (The console now shows the error. It is listed at the bottom of this post.)

Funny enough, Unknown Error Occurred is no longer occurring and I can toggle my subscription status as expected. I am only stuck right now with the issue of the expired VIP server still being registered as cancelled despite submitting payments, so I’m back to where I started.

Upon attempting to activate my VIP server and failing to do so, I notice that one file in the Network panel is highlighted in red which I’m assuming is a failed send request. I won’t be disclosing much about that file for security purposes but there is a red in the Headers panel which I assume is the exact error.

The status code being returned in that marked file is 403 XSRF Token Validation Failed.

I will be making modifications to the OP to reflect this updated state.

2 Likes

If the transaction failed, It would’ve been one of those days where roblox is just bugging, but the fact that the robux was taken out of your account, that’s bizzare, I think it’s best if you contact Roblox Support under the category " Bug Report " and sort it out from there by either the VIP server successfully running with no problems, or getting a full refund.
Have a good day. :wave:

I am unaware of any ongoing service disruptions today and the source place, Those Who Remain, is the only place I am currently encountering this issue on as far as I’m aware.

There is a reason this bug report exists and I’ll be leaving it here. Filing a support ticket is redundant because it’ll get sent to the same teams. The response won’t change, the only difference is getting one over email versus a reply on this thread. Filing a ticket right after I posted on the forums is akin to a duplicate report which they do not need.

A refund is less a concern than the problem itself. What I wouldn’t like to happen is for the issue to extend beyond one place and affect other users or developers.

Might be a good idea to look closer at the error produced in the console, although naturally it seems to be on Roblox’s end. Things similar to this have happened before, which fuels my curiosity. VIP servers may need a bit of a rework…

But really, if things like this become noticed further then it seriously may need an overhaul.

Care to flesh out what you mean when you say to look at the error more closely? This is the only malformed data that I could pull from the failed network request. I’m not making any assumptions about who’s problem this is right now, but it should just be known that this error did occur.

VIP servers do not need to be fully reworked as the result of one isolated incident. If you have other ideas for VIP servers, please file a different feature request. That’s not related to the issue I am having. I’m only looking for help actually solving my problem, not for uncertain responses unrelated to the OP.