Replacing the speedometer gui for roblox?

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I want to replace the roblox gui for speed
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I don’t know how
    this is what i want to remove and replace with
    (something like this gui)
1 Like

it’s probably inside the player gui when they sit on a vehicle seat, so you could hide that gui and show your new one

if its in coregui and not player gui you won’t be able to replace it

i recommend getting a model car or something from toolbox and seeing how they replace the speedometer

You can remove the speedometer which Roblox uses, its a property in the ‘VehicleSeat’ instance. As for making your own, you can probably try to check when a player enters the seat, and parent the gui into their PlayerGui.

1 Like

Hello. There is a property within VehicleSeat instances named

HeadsUpDisplay

Set this to false (simply uncheck it in the explorer).

Once you have done this, you can create your own scripts to show a UI once the LocalPlayer is detected to be sitting in a desired seat in which you want to display the speed.

1 Like

Ok just another question, I made some blocks which are joined to each other (when exploded, they break apart) and i want to destroy them upon a explosion, (i.e just remove the parts looking like a breach when a explosion takes place)

local brick = script.parent
if (the part is broken by the explosion) then
 wait(2.6)
 brick:Destroy()
end
end)

Idk what to type for the if statement so a little help?

you could set an explosion variable in the script, and set it to true once the blocks have been exploded and then it would destroy them

you would need to do a loop to check every few seconds if the value is true

local explosion = false
local brick = script.Parent

while true do
 wait(0.2)
    if explosion == true then
     wait(2.6)
     brick:Destroy
   end
end)

ohh! thanks alot!!

some extra text
roblox please dont sue me

1 Like

This is the solution, you should mark it as the solution.

this does not make the blocks dissapear though??

done! thanks!!!

1 Like

by the way @bluebxrrybot can you solve this code
Ok just another question, I made some blocks which are joined to each other (when exploded, they break apart) and i want to destroy them upon a explosion, (i.e just remove the parts looking like a breach when a explosion takes place)

local brick = script.parent
if (the part is broken by the explosion) then
 wait(2.6)
 brick:Destroy()
end
end)

Idk what to type for the if statement so a little help?

If there is a weld keeping the part in place, then detect if this weld is broken by the explosion.

how do we do that exactly???

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.