Replicated Storage Weapon Not Loading Full

Hello. Im having some problems with my rock (sword) not spawning from the ReplicatedStorage when I spawn in.

I have it set to were when a person buys a gamepass it gives them a weapon from the Rep Storange. But when you equip the tool the rock itself doesnt show. Only the animations work.

My Set Up

snip

Rep Storage Script
local player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local ownsGamepass = game:GetService("MarketplaceService"):UserOwnsGamePassAsync(player.UserId,11243787)

if ownsGamepass then
 local sword = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage"):WaitForChild("Chonky Rock"):Clone()
 sword.Parent = player.Backpack
end
Small Video of Problem

Couldnt figure out how to make gif. Sorry.
robloxapp-20200813-1437261.wmv (833.5 KB)

Any ways you would try to fix this?
Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Could you send a screenshot of tool in the explorer tab when equipped and its descendants, it should be in the character?

I had the same problem, the solution was relatively simple. Just clone them to workspace from the server. Why can't I get on this Seat? another reason why this might happen is if it is a tool, they need to be loaded into the workspace first then transfered to the starter pack.

Thats the thing. I have it in the Rep Storage so only gamepass holders can have the weapon. If I just move it to the Starterpack doesn’t that make it where everyone can have that weapon?

Chonk rock

Those are the weapons when equipped and playing.

The Chonky Rock is the one Im having problems with.

Check if their transparency is set to 0 and then see where exactly the handle is when you select in during the test. Also I suggest to don’t use the “qPerfectionWeld”, it is kind of out dated.

Use: Tool Grip Editor - Roblox

Its more effective in positioning handles.
Also I will link you to my post about welding parts which can be useful if you are trying to keep the tool’s parts together in the correct position:Issues with animating a rigged weapon - #5 by Inc_X