Replicating effects on the server?

I’m making some anime abilities and I’m mostly making the effects and hitbox on the server (I know the hitbox can be exploited that way but im not sure how to do it)

I’m also not sure if the effects should be made on the client, I don’t know how big popular games do it

Anyway I’d like to replicate those effects in the server, I’ve never done something similar in my life

What’s the best way to replicate it on the server?

How would I setup a system for it?

Edit: Should I just send the complete effect object through a remote event?

EDIT 2:

YO THIS JUST BECAME A DISCUSSION ABOUT EXPLOITERS

4 Likes

you can use remoteevents however exploiters can use them to replicate their actions on the server but this can be solved easily if you just “hide” them (also you can detect if someone is spamming remote events)

1 Like

You cant really “hide” a remoteevent bcuz hackers will still find it, and they can just use task.wait(100) to keep using the remote without spamming it fast.

2 Likes

I think you needed remote event, RemoteEvent can be secure by putting passcode in it
so hackers cant fire it
you needed it to see players your anime abilites.

Reply to me if you need more info.

1 Like

Not true have u heard about remote spy? It spys on all remotes sent to the server and can see all requests.

1 Like

Check the player range when casting the hitbox to make sure a player is near, also cancel out any spammed remotes and if a player hits 10 people under like 0.1 seconds cancel that out too

1 Like

What do you mean not true?

Putting passscode in remote event its secure
when exploiters wanna fire it they will get kick or banned

because it has passcode exploiters dont know the passcode
how they still gonna fire it?

1 Like

also cast the hitbox from the local side and send a remote to the server to cast damage, and then do the checks i listed above.

1 Like

A remote spy can see every request a client sends to the server for example a client script fires

game.ReplicatedStorage.RemoteEvent:FireEvent("somecoolpasswordrandomizedeverytime")

and the spy remote will simply show it to the hacker.

1 Like

stop going with passwords they can see your source code just do alot of checks

2 Likes

no, your wrong exploiters cant see inside the script.

local Event = game.ReplicatedStorage.RemoteEvent:WaitForChild("NewPlayerStartingEvent")
local RemoteEventPasscode_layer_1 = 56784372334634 --- pascode

Event.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player, Security)

if Security == RemoteEventPasscode_layer_1 then
		print("Success")
		local Verification = player:WaitForChild("Security"):WaitForChild("NewPlayerVerification")
		local PlayerGuiStarter = player.PlayerGui:WaitForChild("PcGui").WelcomeScreen
		local PlayerStats = player:WaitForChild("MixedStats")
		local Sound = player.PlayerGui:WaitForChild("PcGui").Sound
		if Verification.Value == false then

PlayerGuiStarter.Visible = true
			PlayerGuiStarter.Started.MouseButton1Up:Connect(function()
				PlayerStats.TreeHave.Value += 1
				Sound.ButtonLabelClick:Play()
				PlayerGuiStarter.Visible = false
				Verification.Value = true
			end)

else 

print("Verification are true")

-- give player -- requirments ---

else -- exploiters get kicked when acessing remote event ---

player:Kick("Hey "..player.Name.. "Your access are denied by Security, Please do not hack or you might get banned.")

end

end)
1 Like

Have u heard about script decompiling? Its easy to just get the same script downloaded straight onto their computer.

3 Likes

If its a local script then they can decompile it, that is.

2 Likes

Exactly, no game uses passcode cause they can decompile your game since the passcode needs to be local sided. just run alot of checks thats what all games do

4 Likes

hmmm, I am gonna find a solution for that

1 Like

You really cant because they use a custom function called hookfunction() which just straight up changes the functions called.

2 Likes

I think theres no way to or its just hard

1 Like

where RemoteEvents in ServerScriptService?

1 Like

you need to put the remote somewhere that the client has access to

2 Likes

RemoteEvents should always be placed somewhere the client and the server can access.

ServerScriptService can only be accessed by the server while ReplicatedStorage can be accessed by both the client and the server

1 Like