Replication frequency documentation

A while ago I found out that Roblox’s servers send/receive data at a rate of 20Hz. I was surprised to find out that this is not documented anywhere on the wiki (as far as I know).

Not only this, but I also learned that RemoteEvents are always guaranteed to be sent (which may be common knowledge but is always good to know) and that they should almost always arrive in the order which they are sent in. I believe that this should be on the wiki somewhere because it is definitely important information considering how many people I have seen trying to send data several hundreds of times per second.

EDIT: Meant to put that they should arrive in order, however in some specific cases they do not always do so. I don’t actually know what these cases are but I am fairly sure this is what happens.

12 Likes

Support. This, in some situations, could be extremely useful or maybe even vital information that developers could use.

1 Like

I’ve been assuming this was the case when scripting, but I never knew for sure until an unofficial source clarified things for me recently.

It’s useful information.

1 Like