Report Abuse Submits Reports From Studio

The title pretty much says it all. When accessing the report abuse menu from the escape menu, the options such as “Game or Player”, “Which Player” (if applicable), “Type of Abuse” do not work.

While this seems reasonable since there’s no point in reporting the game itself or a possibly non-existent player from studio, if you do press the “Submit” button, the report actually seems to push through to Roblox.

If reporting from studio is really unintentional, I think it should at least be documented somewhere and/or disable the “Short Description” field and “Submit” button.

I am currently testing this from an unpublished game. The same behavior happens with a published game.

2 Likes

Since you are testing it in studio, and no other players are with you, I think it is safe to say that the button for choosing the player is disabled, if your the only one there.

1 Like

Yes, but the report says it’s reporting “Inappropriate Content” which is unreasonable for a game which I have not even published. Is it a mock up report or is it actually reporting something?

I think it is just mock up. Also, if you wanna change this too, make a new topic with an engine feature.

I don’t think this would work as a feature. As I’ve mentioned, there’s no point in reporting a game from studio, so this is more likely something unintentional if it does report something.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to actually send out the report to Roblox

It’s possible it still does though, I dont see why the console would say that it worked when it didn’t. Fiddler doesn’t always capture everything

1 Like

Thanks for taking a look at the issue. Would it be alright if I asked what program you used to inspect the web calls?

Edit:
I’ll unmark your reply as solution for now though. I think it’s better to get an official response. Thanks for taking a look though.

Fiddler

It’s a very useful program that quite a variety of uses.

1 Like

Haha this made me laugh, I actually ended up reporting myself in studio a few days ago :rofl: I thought I was going to get moderated again for inappropriate content (last time it was for a circle image I uploaded…). Glad to know that the reports aren’t going through.