"Report Bug" button is missing

“Report Bug” button is missing, and came back after hours, which I want to report incase it happens again.

Reproduction Steps:
Go the Creator Dashboard
Click “Forum” button, and then once devforum opens, “Report Bug” is missing

This is more of “lets document it and if y’all find a fix, then let’s go ahead and patch it”, if not, it’s not the end of the world. Thank you team!

8 Likes

The next time this happens, could you take a screenshot of console for any errors?

6 Likes

So, @Hooksmith, I was able to print experience the same issue from the OP and the reproduction steps are just interact with the forum on a second tab while in the first one, you let it be inactive, which means, don’t do anything for a few minutes. Next is to return and click on the “Forum” on the left top corner of the screen… A little bit wacky, but, I believe you can achieve it successfully!

Here is the screenshot of what the console prints out:

4 Likes

I was experiencing this exact issue on PC a few moments ago, but I only had 1 tab open and was not logged on through any other device. Clearing my browser cache and cookies resolved the issue.

5 Likes

It has disappeared for me too, don’t know how to provide additional information as I’m using Edge on a Pixel 6 Pro but I’m in the group

3 Likes

This has also occurred a few times on Microsoft Edge Canary on Android to me too, on a Xiaomi 13T Pro and I’m in the Bug Reporting and Feature Requests groups.

5 Likes

@Hooksmith Are there any updates regarding this bug? It is still occurring for a few of us who replied to this post…

3 Likes

The main problem here is that this is hard to reproduce. If we can’t reproduce it consistently internally then it’s a wild ghost chase looking at the entire Discourse stack to figure out where this might be going wrong.

When something is hard to reproduce, there is time efficiency pressure when it comes to “do we work on this or this other bug/thing that is more guaranteed to produce results?”. This bug also doesn’t happen consistently AFAIC so while it’s inconvenient it is not a true blocker for reporting bugs.

Once there is a reliable repro case, we would be more than happy to dive in and get it fixed.

2 Likes

I understand your point of view that there are higher priorities, but I wanted to address the screenshots you wanted to see in case the issue happens again… If this issue is somewhat (NOT ENTIRELY) consistent, I believe we can work together to resolve it. Both the user and the engineer can collaborate to identify where the issue is occurring, whether the systems are the same, etc. This way, we can reach a consensus and hopefully fix the bug. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Those calls in the screenshot are not relevant for this issue AFAIC.

Again when you have precise reproduction steps that reproduce the issue, post them here.

1 Like

I used to have this bug a while back. There isn’t much replication steps as far as I know. I just load into the website and sometimes it’s not there. Wish I could be of more help

2 Likes