Report Menu Instantly Closes Menu

As of the update that allows players to add images to reports, the reports menu now automatically closes instantly when clicked on. This makes it impossible to report players/experiences.
ezgif-4-40745bebbb

Expected behaviour

I am able to open the report menu to report players/experiences.

Workaround

Report players/experiences using the website without an image to provide to Roblox.

System information

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60Hz
GPU (0): Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
GPU (1): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

9 Likes

I also noticed that the camera is broken when that happens. It jitters instead of being smooth. This should fix itself once this issue is fixed.

5 Likes

Don’t seem to be facing this issue, perhaps it’s only affecting a handful of users, or they reverted something.

4 Likes

We are unable to repro internally. Can you send me screenshots of the developer console if anything is showing up there?

3 Likes

can repo this, except the menu flashes instead of just outright closing

dev console shows nothing of interest, only game logs & a textscrapper warning

4 Likes

Nothing shows up in the developer console. This happens on both the Roblox Client and Roblox Studio. When it closes, it completely breaks the controller menu.

All that shows up here are the assets that were required and nothing related to the reports menu.

A thing to note is that this happens on the older menu and not the modern one that some users have from my understanding.

3 Likes

This is not isolated to my PC client. It happens on my phone as well with no errors showing up.

Due to this, it makes it impossible for me to report anyone. That is extremely concerning as I report a lot of bad actors…

4 Likes

I just used one of my alt accounts without the screenshot report update and it is working for me on there on the PC client. Here is a screenshot of the menu being open:

1 Like

Thank you for the responses. We are digging in. I’ve asked some people that are smarter than me to chime in on the thread.

3 Likes

Thank you for reporting this.

Does this happen to you in every experience? If it’s only in certain experiences, which one(s) are they?

2 Likes

@nakoyasha the menu hiding and then quickly showing again is the intended behavior btw - the screenshot is captured during the short time the menu is hidden.

3 Likes

It happens to me in all experiences I tried. This includes (but not limited to) the games I showed in this report.

2 Likes

I tried various configurations to attempt repro yesterday and couldn’t get the bug to show up. If you can share your logs from a run of the application where you experience the issue, that might help me figure out what’s going on. Thank you!

2 Likes

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, please reply to this thread or DM me with the username of the account that is affected. I’d like to narrow down any commonalities between them as this issue seems tied to accounts rather than device or platform.

2 Likes

Seems that this issue has been fixed with this new menu! The one with the screenshot system caused a lot of problems, but it seems it is all cleared

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.