Request to Revert/Change the Latest Update for Granting Permission for Audios

As a Roblox developer, it is currently hard to comply with the audio changes due on March 22nd because of the recent audio change which requests you to grant permission to use your own audio assets.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because I would be able to mass change audios faster and more conveniently.

Today an update went out for changing audios which requests you to grant permission for use of audio assets. While I’m fine with this update in general, it doesn’t make much sense logically. The prompt consistently appears any time you change an audio ID (even if you’ve already used the audio ID elsewhere in your game), and when changing hundreds of audios it can slow down the process dramatically. I’d like to request a change to this feature where once you grant the permission once, it applies to the rest of the game and won’t prompt you again.

I also do see this as somewhat pointless because the audios in reference were already uploaded to the group itself which owns the game. I see no purpose for the owner of the audio to have to grant permission to themselves to use their own assets, but if its necessary, the above change would dramatically speed up the process for other developers and myself.

https://gyazo.com/1ca46b90c6ab25f21a7edc608b34f10a (example of how inconvenient this audio change is for developers of games with many audio assets)

10 Likes

Thanks for the clear post on this, we’re looking into it.

2 Likes

We’ve disabled the explicit grant box for the time being until we can rework the conditions under which it’s shown. The relevant permissions will still be granted internally but the popup will no longer show up if you restart Studio.

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.