Requesting DevEx Under 18 Help

Hello guys, This is my first DevEx Request. I put my name when i click cash out, then i use my parents information when registering on Tipalti, Is that ok? Because when i receive an invitation email from roblox, they said:

“It is extremely important that the name used on your DevEx request matches the name listed on your DevEx portal account and tax form (W8 or W9). Any discrepancies between your DevEx request and Tipalti portal may result in processing delays or the rejection of your DevEx request .”

And i’m afraid that im going to get rejected because i put my name when clicking the cashout button (devex request) and then using my parents information in the tipalti web which is different from the request. Any ideas?

6 Likes

how much ae you trying to devex

3 Likes

I believe this is not quite necessary for me to answer…

The handling of DevEx requests can vary depending on the transaction amount. This discrepancy is primarily due to the distinct tax regulations associated with different DevEx request amounts to ensure compliance with relevant tax laws and financial regulations

It will be declined if they are not the same, im not sure why you would use different names because people 13+ are able to DevEx.

The guidance you received from the invitation email is accurate and aligns with Roblox’s commitment to compliance with financial regulations and tax requirements. To provide further clarity:

1. DevEx Request Name: The name you provide when initiating your DevEx request is a fundamental piece of information, and it should ideally match the name on your DevEx portal account and tax form (W8 or W9). This ensures a consistent and verifiable record throughout the process.
  2. Tipalti Registration: The use of your parents’ information during the registration process on Tipalti is a common practice, especially for individuals under 18 who may not meet certain legal requirements for financial transactions. In such cases, using your parents’ information is often necessary and acceptable.

Now, let’s address your concerns:

Name Discrepancy: If you have used your name for your DevEx request but your parents’ information for Tipalti registration, it’s crucial to maintain consistency as much as possible. Any discrepancies between the information in your DevEx request and Tipalti portal may indeed lead to processing delays or, in the worst-case scenario, rejection of your DevEx request. To mitigate this, ensure that your parents are aware of and approve of the use of their information in the process. If possible, you can contact Roblox support to seek their guidance on the best way to align the information provided.

Please rest assured that your concern is valid, and Roblox is dedicated to assisting users in navigating these intricacies. By reaching out to their support, you can obtain specific guidance tailored to your unique situation. They can provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date advice on how to proceed and ensure that your DevEx request is processed smoothly and efficiently.

I hope this provides you with a more comprehensive understanding of your situation and the necessary steps to take. Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or require additional assistance. Best of luck with your DevEx Request!

You’re totally on the money! Using the same name for your DevEx request, DevEx portal, and tax stuff is a must-do. If you mix up names, Roblox might say ‘no’ to your request, and that’s a bummer. It’s all about following the rules and keeping things legit.

Oh, and good catch, anyone 13 and up can DevEx, so it’s extra important to keep things in sync. When you’re consistent with the info you provide, it boosts your chances of getting that sweet DevEx approved.

If you’re ever feeling stuck or have more questions about DevEx or anything else, don’t be shy. Just hit up Roblox support. They’re the experts and can help you out.

You’re doing great by making sure you understand the process. We’ve got your back every step of the way. Best of luck with your DevEx request!

Really? I didnt know that the amount of robux could affect the devex process

Because i couldnt fill it with my own information since i didnt have any bank accounts and i cant fill the tax using my own information

So is my devex is going to get declined by roblox?..

There is a chance it will and a chance it won’t, if its over 600 it most likely will because they report those over 600 to the irs, if it is worst case scenario you get you’re robux back and you can re submit after you get a bank account.

Then how can i fill the tax information if im under 18? Do i have to resubmit the devex request using my parents name? since i couldnt fill it on my own

You could try, but i’m not sure how it works outside of the U.S. but every U.S. citizen is born with a social security number and that is the main thing you need when filling out the tax form, everything else you should know off the top of your head.

I’m a foreigner so i still need to use my parents information since i didnt have a SSN.

Yeah, its always worth a shot. If you just submitted a request it will probably take a week or two to go through, that’s how my first request was so I wouldn’t start to worry until it passes like 3 weeks.

You’re devforum bio says you are from Oregon, USA?

Is your first request successful? Do you live in the US?

Yeah that is a fake location that i put.

Hmm, I have a possible solution. You can send me the robux and i’ll devex it, then ill consider giving the money to you

My first request was successful, but I live in the U.S. and I put in my info.