ResampleMode - New Property for Image GUI Objects

I have a game full of surface gui’s in a game and it’s not really laggy or anything runs perfectly fine but i mean actual textures and decals.

If you wanna try the game here it is: PS1 test - Roblox just let the surfacegui’s load in first

5 Likes

That’s pretty neat, also what did you mean when you said: “Roblox would change a lot” in your original post?

2 Likes

It’s a huge deal, many people including me have been waiting for pixel graphics for years and honestly i think if it came to decals and textures it would have good potential for retro style games

3 Likes

Unsure how to get this to work well on small images?

The Diamond is a 750x750 canvas, while the coin is 21x21, both on Pixelated, yet both are super blurry. How can I make these images crisp when they are small?? I assumed the 21x21 would be good, but it isn’t.

3 Likes

For anyone stumbling on this (like me) and have already made a lot of 2D images but haven’t changed the resampling property; I made a nice piece of code you can run in your command line to change the resampling property of all your GUI images to pixelated

for i, v in pairs(game:GetDescendants()) do 
   if v:IsA("ImageButton") or v:IsA("ImageLabel") then 
      v.ResampleMode = Enum.ResamplerMode.Pixelated 
   end 
end

Anyways I just realized this would be really good for sprite sheets since you would only have to make one image and move it instead of switching images for quality.

4 Likes

Will ResampleMode be supported on mesh part textures? Right now there is no way to make a crisp pixelated texture or otherwise control the resampling method on any other objects.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.