ReservedServers not working occasionally

PS: This shows sometimes when the player succeeds in teleporting.

I tested this with CreatePlaceAsync and Teleport.

Same results. It works ~70% of the time.

Managed to snatch this up on the client log while the teleport failed using Teleport with CreatePlaceAsync

Have you tried using the OnTeleport event client side to see if you can catch the failure? From that error at least it looks like it might be possible to wait a few seconds and retry.

I’ll let you know how this turns out.

DAMNIT! I press F9 and escape and neither works. It’s not frozen. I can move my mouse. It’s just stuck on the teleportscreen and my player is neither in the first place he teleported from nor in the second place he teleported into (according to Servers on the place’s pages). According to SHIFT+4 or whatever that purple screen is, the part count shows that the client is actually in Place2.

There was a recent change to TeleportService (changing of the backend URLs) which I think may be related. I’ll take a look.

Thanks 0xbaadfood for bringing this to my attention.

3 Likes

Thank you so so so so so so so much.

Do you know if it’s a quick fix? I have a game releasing that relies on this Friday.

The change on the client side’s pretty minor (if you’re observant you’ll see the URL was “www.roblox.com/Game…” and is now “assetgame.roblox.com/Game…”). We’re in the middle of the process of transitioning to the second domain, and seems like there’s a few kinks.

I’ll see how quickly we can get a quick fix out, but no guarantees at the moment.

1 Like

Thank you!

Also sometimes while teleporting the custom teleport gui argument doesnt work for the first second or two. It just doesn’t show the GUI.

Btw the fix is out live right now, should cover a bunch of seemingly unrelated networking problems. Thank @zeuxcg, he was crying for joy yesterday after finding it.

Let me know if you have any continuing problems with teleportservice.

2 Likes

I LOVE YOU!

Thank you so very much oh my god I love you. I’ll let you know if we have any more of these problems!

I got a comment saying they were stuck on teleporting again. This is the server log:

Teleport still doesn’t work for me either.

It seems the URL didn’t get fixed.
@spotco

19:31:36.465 - Teleport exception: http://assetgame.roblox.comGame/PlaceLauncher.ashx?request=RequestGameJob&placeId=368297174&gameId=Instance&isPartyLeader=false&gender=&isTeleport=true: Trust check failed, The operation completed successfully.19:31:36.465 - Teleport exception: http://assetgame.roblox.comGame/PlaceLauncher.ashx?request=RequestGameJob&placeId=368297174&gameId=Instance&isPartyLeader=false&gender=&isTeleport=true: Trust check failed, The operation completed successfully.
1 Like

Could you or @0xBAADF00D let us know again when this is fixed?

@spotco would be the one, I’m just VR guy

Ohhhh sorry. Can you please let him know again?

Settle down, we read the forums. He’ll see it.

Thank you. If you can’t tell, I’m going nuts about this.

image.gif

I know the feeling, trying to work on a major update that requires teleport-service to work.

1 Like