Resize models in-game?

I want to display a giant statue of the player’s character. Normally, I would use the awesome R15 scale feature, but I weld armor to the character, meaning that won’t scale with it. So I figured the easiest way to do this would to just scale their character model manually.

How would I go about resizing models in a running game though? I’ve never attempted anything like it and I’m sure it’s going to take some math that I wouldn’t figure out myself. Help?

3 Likes

Crazyman32 tackled this problem in another thread: Is this the best way to scale a model?

5 Likes

I saw that thread the other day but couldn’t find it. Thanks

1 Like

I tried CrazyMan’s method but the model looks a bit strange… Some of the parts are offset by a large amount. I’d like to find a way to do this almost identically to how you would resize models in studio, without any offsets.

EDIT: Nevermind it was my fault they were offset.

1 Like

This is what I use:

A model resize plugin.

1 Like

“In-game”

But thanks anyway. I figured out Crazyman’s method actually worked, it was my fault.

1 Like

I believe I am experiencing this same problem as you. I copied the function from Crazyman, all the parts have been scaled but their positions appears to remain the same. If you don’t mind me asking, how did you solve this matter?