Resizing a ImageLabel like a Frame

How to resize the left ImageLabel just like the right frame in the video/gif?
So that the ImageLabel is really resizing and changing his size. Rather then just changing the position.
I need this for a damage indicator that should be able to shrink and not change the position.

Gif

Video

3 Likes

Change the ImageLabel’s ScaleType to Stretch, you might want to repositionate and resize the image afterwards

1 Like

As you can see this does not fix the issue. It still changes its position.

2 Likes

I mean… It is getting resized now. You gotta adjust its AnchorPoint to be under the bar, or upload a new image without empty space around it

4 Likes

What do you mean with without empty space around it?

2 Likes

He probably mean this

without this (the area covered in red)

1 Like

Yeah propably. I also thought about that. I will look if that helps.

Have you tried Clips Descendants? Please provide a little bit more info on what you are trying to do.

1 Like

I want to make a HealthBar. And the red frame where I have the resizing issues with should shrink when you get damage and when you heal get bigger. But thats not the problem as I already programed that many times. But since the health bar now has that specific shape I can no longer use a frame as the red damage indicator as it needs to be the image with the correct shape. But now I cant use that size trick when programming the damage bar as the damage indicator as, shown in the video, moves out of the health bar when you change it’s size.

Do you have the full image of the Red Health Bar? I can calculate the AnchorPoint and explain it to you if you need

1 Like

For example with that kind of loading bar I could use the trick as it is a frame which changes it’s size correctly.

Yes I have it. And an explanation would be awesome.
Here you have it:

The ImageLabel uses Rotation?

char

Yes it’s rotation is 90 degree.
Currently the AnchorPoint of the damage indicator is set to: 0.5, 0.5

I don’t find the use of Rotation good because then it messes up with all propreties and makes the UI very confusing… I’ll use a rotated version of the image because it’s alot harder to do it with a rotated ImageLabel

1 Like

What i did was dividing the Height of the Image by 1 and multiply it by the Y Position that the Bar ends at

I also found problem, when you resize the Image, the bottom of the image flattens and sticks out of the HealthBar, the only way i can think of to fix this is by using the Slice ScaleType OR put the image inside an invisible frame which has ClipDescendents turned on and gets resized.

Okay I understand it now. Thank you so much. Could you send me the Roblox Place + the new asset? I can then modify the other images by myself.

I actually deleted the UI… But i still do have the Image ID of the Rotated Image
The ID is “http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=16493955565”

One problem you’ll probably run into is that the curved bottom of the red bar will change shape when stretched, such that it doesn’t line up to the hexagon tiled container.

You might want to consider using a UIGradient instead. With a UIGradient, you don’t need to change the size or position at all and you can just change what parts of the image are visible using the UI gradient’s .Offset property.

Here is a thread that explains how do use a UIGradient for this:

(You can also use UIGradient.Rotation to make it so the cutoff line is tilted to match the tilt at your health bar’s ends.)

1 Like

set the ImageRectSize to the size of the PNG