[RESOLVED] 3D Avatar items: asset and bundle moderation approvals temporarily paused

How did it even manage to get this bad to begin with? SURELY Roblox staff test UGC uploads before approving them, right? Surely they can see what dimensions the item has before allowing it on the website, right?

That would be a ridiculously amateurish mistake to make otherwise, not befitting a company worth $23.04 billion.

13 Likes

While you’re at it, possibly fix (or at least give an update on fixing) the other large 3D clothing issues, such as when certain items are equipped on large avatar packages they become the size of the entire map! The fact that I have to turn off layered clothing in my games because Roblox has ignored this issue for over a year is embarrassing and I feel bad for those in my playerbase who can’t express themselves freely with 3D clothing in my games because of an issue only Roblox can fix.

9 Likes

downfall of roblox :broken_heart: ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

6 Likes

For the first time in a long time I felt the fun of playing Roblox, only because i was wearing these big accessories lol

7 Likes

gorgeous :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

13 Likes

this is why UGC has ruined the value and quality of true assets

10 Likes

two words: GOOD RIDDANCE
the fact that YOU approved literal skyboxes in the first place allowing our games to break completely is absolutely unacceptable; just having a size limit for anything is completely trivial and you even failed at that??
at this rate i’m seriously considering just hiding people’s avatars in my games since i shouldn’t be the one filtering people’s hats

10 Likes

This just happened few mins ago by the way.

11 Likes

It’s over. Millions must find another way to do it again

7 Likes

Roblox has fallen. This is why we can’t have nice things

5 Likes

can’t you just check the scaling of an accessory or something, and kick the player if over a certain threshold?
idk I’ve never worked with layered clothing

3 Likes

It happening in The classic is very surreal

I wonder if it’ll be possible in the future to natively blacklist certain accessories in games rather than just setting character accessories to specific items

11 Likes

If it’s your game why not just change the skybox?..

3 Likes

Well Roblox, you kind of got lucky with that scenario, because if this could stay for few more minutes, thats what could’ve happen:

(and yes im not joking, that was possible.)

6 Likes

For people who can’t understand the issues with these:

• “skybox” items aren’t real skybox, they’re inverted cube meshes therefore they can’t be changed
  • there’s no way to check a mesh’ actual size, if the obj file is giant, because the mesh can be scaled at “1, 1, 1” but sicne the obj file is giant, you might think it’s something like 2048, 2048, 2048
  • AI moderation is unable to check what ugc items are like, so like 99 of the times, roblox won’t detect if an item breaks the rules or no (this is why we still need human moderators)

A fix for the giant ugcs accessories, would be, always positioning the accessory to 0, 0, 0 when the user is trying to upload the asset from studio. this would prevent the accessory being outbounds and not properly scanned
as for detecting which accessories break the rules, I suggest getting a team of human moderators to check stuff, ai moderation is never going to work well on a platform people relay on to earn money to sustain their families & lives

7 Likes

Rip freakybob you will be missed :sob::sob::sob::dove::dove:

7 Likes

We will never forget you freakybob

7 Likes

Yeah, just Set a SpecialMesh Scale Limit something like that.

3 Likes

Thank you roblox for actually bringing back the classic roblox which is when filtering disabled was still there filtering enabled didn’t exist and exploiters changed skybox and had huge hats on their avatar

5 Likes

ok, i will report these as they are copies of limiteds and it is against the ToS.

6 Likes